Living story is introduced.......your reaction?

#1george43Posted 1/29/2013 11:26:36 AM
My first reaction is, "it's about time"

My second reaction is...."every MMO talks of doing this but in the end it ends up sucking"

My third reaction is...."It better not become just a gimmick phasing like WoW."
#2great_darmaniPosted 1/29/2013 12:41:13 PM
What is your fourth reaction?
---
"I need to do something about these games... At least I look good." - Joel
#3Flame_HazardPosted 1/29/2013 1:46:09 PM(edited)
my reaction is, "what is living story? This is the first I've heard of it".
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#4RabillionPosted 1/29/2013 1:54:59 PM
All you do is fix signs and collect mementos off dead refugees in Wayfarer Foothills.

Zzz.
#5spanky1Posted 1/30/2013 12:00:27 PM
Rabillion posted...
All you do is fix signs and collect mementos off dead refugees in Wayfarer Foothills.

Zzz.

Is this seriously it? I made my way to the event area, and just saw a bunch of broken signs. Fixed a couple, then promptly logged off. :(
---
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/Fuee/Artz0rion/spanky1.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/377153264_fada9efcca_m.jpg
#6Gojak_v3Posted 1/30/2013 12:02:57 PM
spanky1 posted...
Rabillion posted...

Zzz.

Is this seriously it? I made my way to the event area, and just saw a bunch of broken signs. Fixed a couple, then promptly logged off. :(

Apparently it's a community driven event. When enough signs have been fixed the next stage of the quest will unlock. At least that's the impression I got when reading up on it.
#7FirelightstarPosted 1/30/2013 12:17:50 PM
lol, what if everyone just fix one or two and move on. The story will never get started...haha
---
Don't ever ask me anything for I don't know what is going on 100% of the time anyway.
#8Gojak_v3Posted 1/30/2013 12:33:45 PM
Like I said, I don't know if that's exactly how it's gonna work. Given what I have read, it really seems they want the community to drive these events. Even as far as the community choosing which path to take if they present a quest with multiple paths. For example, fulfilling objective 1 opens path A, and fulfilling objective 2 opens path B. Again, this is just what I'm taking from dev diaries on the subject.