Completely new to the game, "World Selection"?

#1kamikaze_catPosted 2/2/2013 11:46:48 PM
Just opened the game for the first time, very excited, but I'm become suddenly nervous at the first decision of the game. World Selection.
I'm nervous because it says you cannot change Worlds, (unless you pay a fee) which scares me. I'd rather not make my first decision a very bad one, and select a world notoriously filled with jerks, or a too quiet/too busy world.
I'd generally like some help explaining this as well please, because it surprises me that they confine you to one world for your entire gaming experience, no chance to meet new players and interact with real world friends who may be on a different server/world.

Thanks in advance.
---
I am going to live for ever, or die trying
#2devilschain30Posted 2/2/2013 11:48:04 PM
I'd like to know this too.
Do I have to be in the same world to play with other people I want to play with? Or can I just transfer for a little time whenever I want
---
GT: Gods pudding
Check out my Youtube channel! It'll mean a lot to me! https://www.youtube.com/user/GodsPudding94?feature=mhee
#3TheCrazed420Posted 2/2/2013 11:50:35 PM
You can guest on any server for all pve. Your world only really decides your wvwvw server.
#4IcewitchPosted 2/2/2013 11:53:48 PM
Your world selection isn't really that permanent of a decision. You can "guest" on any server you wish to (which basically is the same thing as playing on it), only your WvW server is really determined by your home world.

That said, you can change your world at any time for a gem fee. Gems can be bought with real cash or ingame currency.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 22
#5devilschain30Posted 2/2/2013 11:54:49 PM
What does PVe stand for?
---
GT: Gods pudding
Check out my Youtube channel! It'll mean a lot to me! https://www.youtube.com/user/GodsPudding94?feature=mhee
#6kamikaze_cat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:55:34 PM
okay great! thanks for the help.
So i guess there isn't a world that you wouldn't recommend avoiding then?
---
#7kamikaze_cat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:56:22 PM
Player versus Environment = pve
---
#8machetemanPosted 2/2/2013 11:57:01 PM
okay great! thanks for the help.
So i guess there isn't a world that you wouldn't recommend avoiding then?

the low population ones
#9creamofjusticePosted 2/3/2013 12:06:43 AM(edited)
Just a note, you can't guest on EU servers if you're on an NA server and vice-versa.
---
Some people don't seem to read the last line of my posts because they think it's a signature. No. THIS IS A SIGNATURE!