They should just call the lab in north Metrica the Daily Achievement lab.

#1MilesPrower49Posted 2/3/2013 4:26:32 PM
There are like 20+ kinds of mobs in a small space, makes the daily kill variety easy.

Dead NPCs migrate there to spawn, you can get the healer one quick here.

Dodger's easy enough already, but Mark II Golems (Inquest attack) make it so you can get 4 evades per dodge if you dodge their "machine gun fist punch thing".

A few trees and ores outside, easy gatherer.

Chain of events happen in the lab, and the "gather inquest golem parts" is like, 100 feet away and respawns pretty quick in my experience. Event-doing is quick here.

And lastly, I know veterans live everywhere, but a few events in this lab involve killing a veteran mob, so... that takes care of that.

I think I'm going to leave a character logged out here, in case I get that kill variety one again, I hate that one.
---
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/MilesPrower49/Photobucketversion.jpg
#2GwindorPosted 2/3/2013 5:07:29 PM
until you spread the word, and all of a sudden all the events are always done, the npcs are always alive, and you can't finish it there anymore.
---
"What if you just eat vegetarians?"-neonreaper
"^ You are what you eat. ^_~"-Koiji
#3MilesPrower49(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:19:14 PM
The beatings the fire elemental used to give out are more than enough reason for most who played there back then to stay away, even though the elemental's been nerfed (just killed it with 3 others today, 30 couldn't do it back then)

Also, if everyone is there for achievement purposes, they are mainly killing for daily kill variety. Once they get that and healer, they'll probably leave, but anyone else doing healer will most certainly let the npcs die, which they easily do to the mobs there.

Come to think of it, Harathi Hinterlands is also pretty good for healer (certain heart near a town in the north where you raise dead soldiers, of which there are plenty), and the chain of events is good too. Just missing a convenient daily kill variety.
---
#4ArcticPlaguePosted 2/3/2013 5:30:42 PM
Now I'm interested. Waypoint please?
---
Helia- TC
#5MilesPrower49(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:45:18 PM
Between Survivor's Encampment waypoint (probably the closest) and Muridia Waypoint (a little further, but going here lets you check on the golem parts event as well on your way).

Also... yay (sarcasm) we have underwater killing achievement today. Makes this topic post look a bit dumb.
---
#6ArcticPlaguePosted 2/3/2013 6:10:02 PM
The underwater slayer achievement is easily the worst
---
Helia- TC
#7Duke DarkwoodPosted 2/3/2013 7:15:56 PM
Pfft. Find a river and kill barracudas or something. The only reason it takes long is because I run out of them and have to wait for them to come back.

Although, I don't think Thaumanova will get you Crafting or Gatherer, either. (And Gatherer is ALWAYS on the list.) Ooh! Or "Laurel Vendor".

As for the reactor.... while it probably has been nerfed, one reason it would be harder for 30 than 3 would have to do with the fact that DE bosses scale. To truly test for nerfing, you'd need to bring 30 in at it.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#8Cool_new_namePosted 2/3/2013 8:13:02 PM(edited)
Why farm for any laurel reward. How long that will take and what it is they actually get as a reward is sad. Just do what you do and if you get a laurel here and there it'll happen eventually.
#9Duke DarkwoodPosted 2/3/2013 8:21:21 PM
That's my approach, actually. I GET Laurels. I DO dailies. But... I do them by playing normally. Most of the time; CNY has had me focusing back on GW1, so a couple of times, I DID have to settle for a quick daily run. But those are exceptions, not the usual. I prefer to just earn them while playing.

Sure, some might say that even GOING underwater is "out of the way" for them, but all it takes is cutting across a lake instead of around it, when going from one place to another.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#10havok718Posted 2/3/2013 9:15:32 PM
You dont need the golem event, you can just find the drakes in there and dodge their breath attack for 4+ dodges a pop.