GW2 killed "progression" further with Feburary updates.

#11ATARIJAWAPosted 2/3/2013 11:30:59 PM
Indigoice topic.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 91
#12DraginvryPosted 2/3/2013 11:31:58 PM
HolyKnight199 posted...

The point of downscaling is not to kill progression, it's to prevent level 80 characters to one-shot group event bosses and finish all events before the low level characters even kill one monster.

Except, the downscaling didn't really affect that. The reason that level 80 characters tear through low levels is because of sigils, runes, and traits: none of which were severely affected by stat scaling.
#13IndigoIce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:09:55 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Tc, clearly doesn't know his genres of games. No need to over complicate things. And everyone already knows you are full of BS from all the other nonsense you posted

I'm not BS things. You should stop being so F up and degrading another in a sarcastic way.
Where's that "everyone"? Stop being delusional and eat some medicine.

What I said are the facts that non-intellegent ones are unable to unapprehend.
Seriously... fanboy-ism who doesn't work out their brain, as I expected from my first post.

Anyway, if few of you guys read forums like mmorpg.com and the official ones, there're much better people who appreciate and respect the various opinions. There's different reaction. They're waay more knowledgable people who sees things from various genres and perspectives. They're much experienced.

We see GW2 as not an innovative mmorpg like the devs intended.
We see GW2 as a MMO with stolen elements from other genres while picking up the banner of "mmorpg" as a part of marketing. I'm sure the intellegent ones are able to pick up GW2 elements and relate it to the other games' genres they had played in their life.
------------
I appreciate the other posters replies.
Thank you for the further on-site information that the nerfs aren't that bad to affect progression.
#14aamotPosted 2/4/2013 1:30:07 AM
They wanted to make an MMORPG where the playing field is essentially leveled between all players, for more of an equality system instead of a seniority one. They were up front about it, and did it.

Somewhat related, there was huge amounts of complaints directed at the console game "Dead Island" for having level scaled enemies, because players apparently didn't feel any progress while returning to starting areas and being unable to run around 1-shotting everything.

Levels aren't useless. You have more available to you at higher levels and it's an indication of both time played and experience. You gain 5- and 10-slot traits. You gain access to higher level rune and sigil abilities.

If you need levels to arbitrarily increase damage against weaker enemies, you're playing this game for stupid reasons.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#15NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 2/4/2013 3:51:46 AM(edited)
You know that saying...'everything is derivative'? Applies to pretty much every game on the market nowadays. Virtually everything has been done already at some point, but what really makes the difference is the way different elements are implemented. Calling a game out for 'stealing' (read:borrowing) elements that work well from other games doesn't really mean anything because it's done on a regular basis across all types of entertainment media. Sorry that it doesn't suit your tastes, but that doesn't make it a bad game by any means.

Further, who's to say that those who appreciate what GW2 does don't see things from various genres and perspectives? Maybe they enjoy the particular combination GW2 offers and have just as valid and reasonable opinions as anyone else?

Off the high horse, please.
#16JebSkatr2Posted 2/4/2013 6:24:08 AM
I like what they are trying to do with these updates. Makes going back to lower level zones (as I'm trying to do right now for 100% completion) both worth it from a rewards standpoint and not an easy faceroll that it previously was.
#17lilj812Posted 2/4/2013 6:48:11 AM
IndigoIce posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Tc, clearly doesn't know his genres of games. No need to over complicate things. And everyone already knows you are full of BS from all the other nonsense you posted

I'm not BS things. You should stop being so F up and degrading another in a sarcastic way.
Where's that "everyone"? Stop being delusional and eat some medicine.

What I said are the facts that non-intellegent ones are unable to unapprehend.
Seriously... fanboy-ism who doesn't work out their brain, as I expected from my first post.

Anyway, if few of you guys read forums like mmorpg.com and the official ones, there're much better people who appreciate and respect the various opinions. There's different reaction. They're waay more knowledgable people who sees things from various genres and perspectives. They're much experienced.

We see GW2 as not an innovative mmorpg like the devs intended.
We see GW2 as a MMO with stolen elements from other genres while picking up the banner of "mmorpg" as a part of marketing. I'm sure the intellegent ones are able to pick up GW2 elements and relate it to the other games' genres they had played in their life.
------------
I appreciate the other posters replies.
Thank you for the further on-site information that the nerfs aren't that bad to affect progression.

I laughed so hard at the bolded.

Dude, this game probably isn't for you. But it's an MMORPG whether you like it or not.

Do you REALLY need me to use the definition on you AGAIN!?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#18ilovemuddingPosted 2/4/2013 8:52:25 AM
This isn't a design issue, but a balance issue.

Raising the difficulty of lower level areas, while increasing the levels of loot just makes it so more areas are relevant to your level.

TC is completely misguided.
#19SkimMilk1988Posted 2/4/2013 9:30:21 AM
I'm not sure I understand. The game does "dynamically" alter your lvl to the area of the zone you are in. However, the base weapon damage of what you have equipped, along with the runes/glyphs, and stats from your other gear is still factored into your character. Prime example: I was fighting a champion monster that was lvl 41. I was lvl 45 scaled down to 42 and the guy with me was 80 scaled down to 42. He could sit there and take every hit to the face and barely die whereas I would get 3-4 hit by it (we were both warriors using GS). While I do understand parts of what the TC has said, I've seen with my own eyes that overall character lvl and gear plays a large roll in the game.
#20MaddSciencePosted 2/4/2013 10:17:19 AM
there is a legitimate issue about this on GW2 official forums. that said, MMORPG forum is the single worst forum on the internet lol.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans