Legendary weapon with berserker stats?

#11ivory3333Posted 2/13/2013 10:51:42 PM
actually there was a guy in my team who was carring predator and when he pinged it, it was exotic. he said he transmutated it. some one told me, the item is actually legendary when u have equiped, but when u link it, it will show exotic. so in either case, i wouldn't bother transmutating legendaries right now. becuase once the legendary become stronger as acended weapons, those exotic one may not.
---
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk." Eli Wallach
#12PikaleyPosted 2/13/2013 11:02:54 PM
bkkorps posted...
Noonan_257 posted...
Transmuting 2 items, from what I understand, is supposed to keep the rarity of the rarer item. In the case of legendaries, it is a glitch that they take on exotic status. I have not heard of a case where transmuting a legendary kept its legendary status.

This might be worth looking into more on the official forums on the GW2 site.

each item has three parts, the skin, the stats, and the socket. the rarity of the item is determined by the stats.

so whatever beserker item you transmuted it with would determine the stats, and therefore be less base damage than the legendary.

while u are right on the stats determining rarity, atm legendaries are equal with exotic damage/stats as far as i know, anet says they will be buffed to ascended dmg/buffs once ascended weapons are released
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
#13bkkorpsPosted 2/14/2013 5:14:32 AM
Pikaley posted...
bkkorps posted...
Noonan_257 posted...
Transmuting 2 items, from what I understand, is supposed to keep the rarity of the rarer item. In the case of legendaries, it is a glitch that they take on exotic status. I have not heard of a case where transmuting a legendary kept its legendary status.

This might be worth looking into more on the official forums on the GW2 site.

each item has three parts, the skin, the stats, and the socket. the rarity of the item is determined by the stats.

so whatever beserker item you transmuted it with would determine the stats, and therefore be less base damage than the legendary.

while u are right on the stats determining rarity, atm legendaries are equal with exotic damage/stats as far as i know, anet says they will be buffed to ascended dmg/buffs once ascended weapons are released

http://www.gw2db.com/items/56219-bifrost

http://www.gw2db.com/items/73307-soldiers-tribal-staff

the differences are fairly small, but there still are differences.
---