The Defend Magg event in CoF p2 is too frustrating in PuGs.

#1ShockKirby80Posted 3/3/2013 12:35:39 PM
Everything else besides that is easy, but people don't know how to play defensively. Or attack the damn Assassin.
---
I have 5000 Karma! I'm a ? Block!
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#2MaddSciencePosted 3/3/2013 1:43:00 PM
or just cc/ward the assassin for a bit and kill the rest. it's just buying time on that part. it's very easy now compared to before.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
#3Kurir_TelmonkinPosted 3/3/2013 1:46:36 PM
Whenever i am doing it with pugs we usually get it first try. Its when I am doing guild runs that i tend to run into trouble.
---
This series is the Inception of games. Everyone is inside each other, and it only goes deeper... - DrunkBeardGuy on Kingdom Hearts
Proud 3DS Ambassador
#4KagerasuPosted 3/3/2013 4:27:42 PM
I've only failed this once, which was today before reset. The group insisted they were playing properly despite being decked out warriors with full exotic/ascended gear, and my alt thief was left to try and save them one at a time.

Then I got kicked for telling them my warrior who had half the gear they had never failed this event before lol, nor any of my other characters.
#5ShockKirby80(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:08:32 PM
bump
---
I have 5000 Karma! I'm a ? Block!
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#6xxtatataxxPosted 3/7/2013 8:12:26 PM
well my main is thief,i just pistol5 when a assassin gets near.
---
There is only one word for noobs when playing DOTA 2........UNINSTALL
#7CruxisInhibitorPosted 3/7/2013 8:30:41 PM
I know what you mean, but i find it very hard to distinguish what makes certain groups im in fail. It must be some hidden variable like build or gear. There needs to be better ways to communicate these things to other people. When i run with people i know, mobs die so fast and so do the assassins. When i run with pugs, the pugs die and it's just a fiasco. I also find that groups with 1 or more Guardians or Warriors have a much easier time even if with pugs. Something is wrong with this game's difficulty, scaling, or encounter design....also class balance, but i just can't put my finger on it. I think the thing that is most frustrating about it is, it's really intangible, the reason, as to why some groups fail and others cheese the run. The lack of set roles makes it harder to determine who exactly is screwing up which can be good or bad, im not sure. Anyways, these thoughts befuddle me, but you have my sympathy.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#8LatronisPosted 3/7/2013 8:48:11 PM
Random scrubs being random scrubs is always an issue its when the rest of the game rewards loner play the problem gets exacerbated.

Thankfully there's a solution. Don't PUG
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#9NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 3/8/2013 3:47:23 AM
Too hard for Warriors to swap out one utility slot for Throw Bolas, apparently.
#10KagerasuPosted 3/8/2013 5:00:24 AM
NoGaRdKniGht posted...
Too hard for Warriors to swap out one utility slot for Throw Bolas, apparently.

GS 4 alone ensures the Assassin never reaches Magg. Assassins start out walking, GS 4 makes them crawl. If you can't kill an assassin in 20 seconds as a warrior, you are doing something wrong. Even full white warrior can do it.