The Defend Magg event in CoF p2 is too frustrating in PuGs.

#11GhostSignalPosted 3/8/2013 5:58:55 AM
It's my favourite part of any dungeon at the moment such a good feeling working together and cutting down wave after wave! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
#12m00tl3sPosted 3/8/2013 6:48:48 AM
Man. If I had the choice, I'd kill everything in that damn room by myself (War) and reserve everyone else to backing me up on a Guardian.

Seriously. If I could every time, I'd just get Guardians to ball things up and spam Stability/Aegis on me... Frenzy+GS3 will obliterate everything that is in range of GS3, and GS2 will mop up Assassins in 3 seconds. I can kill everything... I just don't have enough evades to dodge 10 things all fixated on me at once lol.
#13azuresou1Posted 3/8/2013 11:28:27 AM
LOL? If you have a bunch of Warriors, you don't even need to focus on the Assassins, just Whirlwind through the crowd and everything drops.
---
Face it, Blake Griffin is more a SF than (Rashard) Lewis is - Bullet_Proof_18
Formerly Known As SSJ5Vegeta
#14jokrayzPosted 3/8/2013 11:37:33 AM
azuresou1 posted...
LOL? If you have a bunch of Warriors, you don't even need to focus on the Assassins, just Whirlwind through the crowd and everything drops.

^ this... if not whirlwind then just 100b or axe/axe aoe.. should be able to finish without much of an issue.
#15tryv1Posted 3/8/2013 5:20:00 PM
I have never seen this fail. Even when running with my guildie who almost never attacks a specified target. I swear, he just attacks whatever is close to him. But even with him randomly attacking non-Assassins, and the rest of the group being a pug, I've never failed this. *now I'll probably fail tonight....*
---
Procrastinators unite tomorrow!
#16KagerasuPosted 3/8/2013 8:31:18 PM
tryv1 posted...
I have never seen this fail. Even when running with my guildie who almost never attacks a specified target. I swear, he just attacks whatever is close to him. But even with him randomly attacking non-Assassins, and the rest of the group being a pug, I've never failed this. *now I'll probably fail tonight....*

Killing is never the problem. It's somehow people not surviving.

I don't even know how it works. Probably berserker classes who face tank but don't attack through constant tabbing trying to find the assassins or something?
#17Doombringer55Posted 3/8/2013 8:59:40 PM
I've done it maybe 3-4 times since they patched this, and I've yet to fail. Immobilize is great for stalling them.

I usually do it with my Thief, so I go Sword/Pistol and use Infiltrator's Strike to immobilize. Best of all, it's spammable.
---
GT: ThunderMongoose
#18tryv1Posted 3/9/2013 6:36:13 PM
Kagerasu posted...
tryv1 posted...

I don't even know how it works. Probably berserker classes who face tank but don't attack through constant tabbing trying to find the assassins or something?

lol, I failed this with two separate groups today. Three times in a row with one group.
---
#19KagerasuPosted 3/9/2013 7:05:34 PM
tryv1 posted...
Kagerasu posted...
tryv1 posted...

lol, I failed this with two separate groups today. Three times in a row with one group.

I sympathize. Did most of them end up dying? Cause that's how it was for me. I've never failed it when everyone is alive.
#20tryv1Posted 3/11/2013 8:04:24 AM
Kagerasu posted...
tryv1 posted...
Kagerasu posted...
tryv1 posted...

I sympathize. Did most of them end up dying? Cause that's how it was for me. I've never failed it when everyone is alive.

Yep, as soon as people started falling it was downhill. I fall sometimes too, but always rally. I don't see how they weren't rallying.
---