New player review: GW2 has really impressed me with questing! 10/10!

#1drifter22Posted 3/7/2013 9:37:19 AM
As a new player, i have to say that the questing and leveling experience is far above anything i've played, including WoW. Just the voice acting all over the world, and the personal story makes the whole world come to life. Unlike WoW where i was continually just reading things and doing bland quests, here you really get a feel for the troubles and issues of a certain area. I don't think I can ever go back to the traditional MMOs.

Seriously kudos to ArenaNet for making the best world experience i've played so far. Also did I mention its freaking stunning? I've had multiple places in the game where i've gotten a good chuckle, or even been kinda sad at all the stories going on.

10/10
---
"A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef" - Mitch Hedberg
#2crondizzlePosted 3/7/2013 9:43:50 AM
10/10 really? come on, its not perfect. other than the story quests it still feels a bit grindy. at least it doesn't take long though, and you can go stomp low lvl areas and get the same exp.
#3drifter22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:47:48 AM
I say 10/10 only because I had a really low bar. I played WoW long ago, along with Runescape even longer ago lol. Then I played some even worse MMOs that were smaller, also checked out Rift.

I just feel like the world in GW2 feels much more realistic, and the questing personal story line just seems perfect to me. I don' tknow what else they could have done.

I do think they have other problems, like content at lvl 80. But i'm only lvl 35 so :3
---
"A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef" - Mitch Hedberg
#4jivebeaverPosted 3/7/2013 11:03:37 AM
lvl 35 is around the lvl ppl start falling asleep
#5ReikkenPosted 3/7/2013 11:09:52 AM
GW2's quests are great, and yes, because they're much more realistic. I can be walking along, and then off to my left I hear "You! Yes you! You can help! Please!" as a guy runs up to me. And lo and behold, he has an emergency for me.
---
"Somebody get me up so I can die fighting!"
#6lilj812Posted 3/7/2013 11:31:50 AM
I've been playing this game for many months and my score is 9/10, the problems I have with the game are very minor and actually getting fixed via patches so, soon it'll be 9.5 and maybe even 10. It's one of my favorite games of all time though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7tehdudPosted 3/7/2013 12:53:56 PM
7/10
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#8lilj812Posted 3/7/2013 1:29:43 PM
tehdud posted...
7/10

I thought you would give it lower. You play the game an awful lot and you've been on this board longer than me talking bad about this game.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9TheRaven1406Posted 3/7/2013 4:16:25 PM
Heart quests are meh.... some hearts are lengthy and annoying. It's good that you can knock out some hearts while doing events.

Events are fun, especially the champions , meta and group events and events that have something other than just regular mob killing (taming monsters, morphing into a leopard, playing "Ghostbuster", solving riddles,...)

World feels a lot more dynamic with those events. Rift also tried this but events were always the same (and not as rewarding as in GW2): a rift opens, mobs spawn...

I just wish more events would be taking place, especially in emptier zones, they sometimes have hardy any events. They could also make events show on your map in a larger radius, you have to be really close for it to show up. More people should call out events in map chat :-)

hearts 5/10
events 10/10
#10LatronisPosted 3/7/2013 5:56:07 PM
what

you like guesting?
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg