New player review: GW2 has really impressed me with questing! 10/10!

#21BenjiPOTFPosted 3/7/2013 11:43:37 PM
Latronis posted...
BenjiPOTF posted...
Drifter I had the same opinion about the game since it came out.
It isnt till you start paying attention to whats going on that you find lot of interesting tidbits and humor.
Most of the players here have been at it for a while so dont worry if they opinion is more on the negative side, usually the more you play something the more it starts to get stale.
I dont get why some people can still say this game feels grindy, I have played many MMO's and this is by far the least, if you go for legendaries or stuff like that you knew what you were getting into so no whining.

Asscended Gear is needlessly grindy

the emphasis here is on the Needlessly.
its not needed you choose to grind for it.
---
Pop out the Coronas
#22tehdudPosted 3/8/2013 12:25:04 AM
that can be said for any mmo and any kind of grind

you can choose not to do anything

face it ascended gear is in the game. people will want it. and to get it its grind. and rng.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#23BenjiPOTFPosted 3/8/2013 12:41:09 AM
The thing in this game is there really is no grind on the leveling proccess and still thats one thing people cry about.
yea some gear can require more grinding than a strip club but is very optional leveling up on the other hand isnt if you want to progress in the game.
---
Pop out the Coronas
#24TheSchrefPosted 3/8/2013 2:14:21 AM
BenjiPOTF posted...
The thing in this game is there really is no grind on the leveling proccess and still thats one thing people cry about.

Just...... lol.
#25LatronisPosted 3/8/2013 3:33:27 PM(edited)
Ascended Gear isn't just AR either, its a higher tier of stat bonus than exotic. Sure I can run around in junk until i get better drops, and even do quite well. I'm pretty sure I didn't even get out of 65 gear rares until i had the full exotic set at 80.

It provides tangible mechanical benefits beyond exotic bling (and rare backs) especially since it can be used in the more highly competitive WvW maps.
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#26NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 3/8/2013 4:16:12 PM
Not exactly relevant, considering WvW isn't balanced to begin with, with massive gear disparities across the board.

In the big picture, the statistical advantage provided by ascended gear may as well not exist. Woop-de-doo, +10 power to my pool of 1900 total. **** isn't even a might stack at level 80. I could fart and it would provide a stronger statistical advantage.
#27LatronisPosted 3/8/2013 6:05:42 PM
the same is true of rare and exotic, or rare and masterwork or masterwork and magic. Once you have it is an increase for no effort and people have a tendency to seek out the highest.
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#28KagerasuPosted 3/8/2013 7:05:16 PM
Most of my complaints don't even apply to me, since I'm casual.

Except one.

Not enough customization/outfit selections. Stuff like, MEDIUM ARMOR IS TRENCH COATS, or TOWN CLOTHES CAN'T MIX AND MATCH WITH REGULAR ARMOR, and ETC ETC ETC.

WoW vanilla was really interesting in that regard imo. Even leveling from STV to ZulFarrak to Arathi Highlands, the GEAR you get as you level gave you different looks, and NOT just from quest rewards, but DROPS.
#29HolyKnight199Posted 3/9/2013 12:16:38 PM
The game is a 7.5 for me. I can't give it 10/10 because:

* The personal story is a huge letdown. It could have been so much better if it actually used the personality system and the home instance, and put the hero in control of the story instead of making it Trehearne's lapdog. I didn't expect the RPG mode to rival the one of SW:TOR's since EAware put well over half the budget on that one feature, but basic RPG elements a like morality system were totally left out.

* Dungeons are garbage. I'm all for removing the trinity, but replace it with something better, don't remove it just for the sake of removing it. As it is, I'll run Occulus in WoW 10 times in a row before I feel like running a single GW2 dungeon.

* Guesting is broken. Characters that are native on a server need to get priority unless the guester is playing with a friend and not just barging in for a Jormag chest.
---
Peace!
#30JedahprPosted 3/9/2013 12:42:54 PM
HolyKnight199 posted...
* Guesting is broken. Characters that are native on a server need to get priority unless the guester is playing with a friend and not just barging in for a Jormag chest.

I agree with this 110%.
---
Sailin' away on a crest of a wave it's like magic