Personal Story: Retribution

#1kaze21Posted 3/11/2013 6:46:36 AM
Seriously someone please tell me, did Anet buff up the abilities of Risen recently.

I was playing through Retribution with my new Ranger which is level 61, and when i got to secure the Courtyard part, i have 6 to 7 mobs after my heels all the time, they move real FAST. I don't remember having this problem with my Thief when i played him a few months back.

And i ended up completing it after dieing 4 times in the Courtyard part....
#2AlabamaMan79Posted 3/11/2013 7:32:46 AM
I actually JUST did this quest, and I was stuck on it for 2 hours. The reason I got stuck (I found out after quitting the quest and coming back to it later) was because I alt-tabbed out of the game right as the "Capture the courtyard" section started. While tabbed out, the Veteran Acolytes spawned their maximum number of mobs, and I was repeatedly gang-***** when I got back in, for about 1.5 hours. My gear broke multiple times and I used up all of my instant repair canisters. When I found out the acolytes were spawning mobs, I tried to widdle them down, but all of my NPC helpers were dead and it was just not possible with my broken gear. So I quit the quest and came back to it later.

My 2nd try, I knew exactly what had to be done. I went right for the Veteran mobs first, took them out easily and finished the entire quest in under 15 minutes.

To answer your question, I don't know - they might have buffed these mobs, but if you know exactly what to do, it's actually rather easy.
---
Gamertag: AlabamaMan79
When his wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man will bust her lip open.