What to do with badges of honor,

#1Froggie48Posted 3/29/2013 8:57:06 AM
I don't feel like making my legendary, so they are of no use to me there. The Invader gear is ugly and inferior to my current gear. And I cant salvage the gear for stuff that I can sell. So do I just keep sticking them in the bank and let them gather dust?
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 3/29/2013 9:14:25 AM
You can get siege blueprints with them, too. If you're gaining them at such a large rate, you clearly have an interest in WvW, so this might be the best use of them for you.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3DraconisRexPosted 3/29/2013 10:58:49 AM
Froggie48 posted...
I don't feel like making my legendary, so they are of no use to me there. The Invader gear is ugly and inferior to my current gear. And I cant salvage the gear for stuff that I can sell. So do I just keep sticking them in the bank and let them gather dust?

The Invader gear is exotic. You cannot possibly get 'better' gear. You may not like it because it's not good for your build. But it's not crap gear.

However, you can use the badges to buy siege weapons and give that siege to one of the better commanders you run with. Which a lot of people do...
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#4ShinnAsuka20Posted 3/29/2013 11:10:13 AM
You can also save up 500 for your Gift of Jumping for your legendary. Need 500 for that.
---
GT/PSN: SilverBasher
#5Froggie48(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 11:22:31 AM
DraconisRex posted...
Froggie48 posted...

The Invader gear is exotic. You cannot possibly get 'better' gear. You may not like it because it's not good for your build. But it's not crap gear.

However, you can use the badges to buy siege weapons and give that siege to one of the better commanders you run with. Which a lot of people do...

I'm a ranger decked out in Valkyrie emblazoned armor. Which means switching to the invader armor gets me less power while giving me slightly more durability. I can already take hits decently well, so I have no reason to get anymore vitality/toughness. So it is inferior to my current gear, which is what I said.

I will definitely invest in siege equipment though as I do play WvW quite often.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 3/29/2013 2:35:08 PM
DraconisRex posted...

I don't understand, aren't they soulbound? How can you give them to other players?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#7runboy81Posted 3/29/2013 3:47:38 PM
GoatJugSoup posted...
DraconisRex posted...

I don't understand, aren't they soulbound? How can you give them to other players?

If you drop them, then anyone can pick them up.
#8xxtatataxxPosted 3/29/2013 3:53:25 PM
you can now choose the type of exotic armor you want with BoH, zerker, valk, carrion etc.
about 200 + 1g max for an exotic piece which is pretty good.
---
There is only one word for noobs when playing DOTA 2........UNINSTALL
#9SaleenPosted 3/29/2013 4:37:56 PM
Save them. With the way Anet is treating WvW as of late, it is likely they will continue to add more things you can buy with badges.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Regulator85