Best place to solo roam WvW? noob here

#1meltor13Posted 4/2/2013 8:50:31 AM
So now that I hit level 80 I've started to jump into WvW a bit.

I'd like to just kind of roam around a little bit out of the zerg and maybe to try find some decent 1v1 matchups to work on my PvP skills, but I'm pretty new and I don't quite understand the different zones. So there's 4 separate areas in WvW? Eternal Battlegrounds and one area for each server?

Maybe someone here can give me a quick and easy rundown.

Last night I played a bit and had a good time picking up some small groups here and there but I wasn't a big fan of the massive battles going on because it's difficult to see what the hell is happening. So like I said, I'd like to find some spots where I could just roam around a bit and get a good feel for the areas and maybe encounter some other roamers to challenge me.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#2DavomaticPosted 4/2/2013 3:51:05 PM
The whole system of WvW is really made to run with at least a few people, so finding just solo people is going to be rare, the only thing i can suggest is wait in the jumping puzzle of your enemies zone and you'll probably see people pass through there, but you will probably be overwhelmed after a while just because people trickle through there to get their easy siege. If you want 1v1 fights do Spvp tournaments, if you want to get to know wvw your best bet is finding a small group or running with the zerg, not running around solo.
---
Trust is the sound of the grave dog's bark ,trust is the sound of betrayal in the dark. Trust is the sound of a soul's last breath, trust is the sound of death
#3GwindorPosted 4/2/2013 8:40:41 PM
the four maps are the eternal battlegrounds, and three borderlands which are all copies of each other. The main difference between the borderlands is where each server spawns, and what the skill point challenges are.

If you want to run around solo, then.....just do it. I'm not really sure what you want out of the experience. You'll have to run solo to get most of the map completion done. But there's no designated dueling place. You're most likely to find solo players at the skill points, since they tend to be out of the way and people need them for map completion. However, if you kill someone 1v1 there, they're just as likely to come back with a buddy.

Frankly, if you want to 1v1, go to a dueling room in spvp. If you run solo in wvw you will be missing on everything wvw has to offer. My advice is to get on your server's voice chat, group up with some people, and really dig into the prolonged strategy and tactics that are required to achieve map objectives.
---
"What if you just eat vegetarians?"-neonreaper
"^ You are what you eat. ^_~"-Koiji
#4KagerasuPosted 4/2/2013 8:43:24 PM
Eh there's nothing wrong with roaming solo. That's the entire point of show casing 1vX videos.

Just because someone likes the roam solo doesn't mean they don't understand the appeal of being part of the zergs and parties in WvW.
#5DraginvryPosted 4/2/2013 8:50:44 PM
You won't find many solo matchups in WvWvW. Basically, it's pretty random whether or not you'll run across a solo invader or a group.

Solo fights are fun in WvWvW. But, you can't really seek them out. They are just something that you come across.
#6LiquiDZerOPosted 4/2/2013 9:05:45 PM
i completely disagree with the comment above. it's very possible to find solo matches. even if zergs are the norm, if you're just entering the map it's not like the zerg is waiting for you and not everyone dies at the same time in a zerg. so usually what you're going to need to do is either camp the respawn area, or find out where the opposing zergs are and try to roam the area between the zerg and the respawn.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#7DraconisRexPosted 4/3/2013 10:18:23 AM
meltor13 posted...
So now that I hit level 80 I've started to jump into WvW a bit.

I'd like to just kind of roam around a little bit out of the zerg and maybe to try find some decent 1v1 matchups to work on my PvP skills, but I'm pretty new and I don't quite understand the different zones. So there's 4 separate areas in WvW? Eternal Battlegrounds and one area for each server?

Ah, so you want to be ganked... Yeah, just roam around solo, especially around the SE, SW and S supply camps. You'll be sure to be ganked sooner or later.

Maybe someone here can give me a quick and easy rundown.

Three borderlands that are close enough to identical to not have any significant differences. Eternal Battlegrounds in which all three servers have (more-or-less) equal access.

Last night I played a bit and had a good time picking up some small groups here and there but I wasn't a big fan of the massive battles going on because it's difficult to see what the hell is happening. So like I said, I'd like to find some spots where I could just roam around a bit and get a good feel for the areas and maybe encounter some other roamers to challenge me.

Havoc squads are important. Interdicting supply, flipping camps, ninja-ing towers, procing the contested flag to preven any WPs from being easily utilized.

But don't kid yourself you're going to get one-on-one action and duels. What you're going to get, by-and-large, is spotted and ganked.
---
Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead
#8Froggie48Posted 4/3/2013 11:41:28 AM
If you like roaming solo, it's never a bad idea to take sentry points, i.e. the places where it's one veteran guard in the middle of the road. Once you get geared decently, they are pretty easy to kill on your own (my ranger has been killing them on his own since he was in about level 50 gear).

Depending on your class/ skill with the class, you might even be able to take a supply camp on your own. It's much harder though, especially since supply camps will show crossed swords when being attacked while sentries won't, which usually leads to someone coming to investigate.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.