Is that April fools dungeon still in? Where is it?

#1XialohPosted 4/18/2013 12:38:10 AM
I remember reading that it would be here for the entire month of April. Thinking about logging in some time this week to try it out, even though my gear is a bit lacking. Where is it?
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#2RushUnpluggedPosted 4/18/2013 12:43:05 AM
Rata Sum, north corner. Gear is not a problem as it's a jump-puzzle based minigame.
---
PSN=RushUnplugged
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/RushUnplugged.png
#3Unit3dPosted 4/18/2013 12:49:53 AM
Levels, gear and profession will not matter in Super Adventure Box.
#4old_school227Posted 4/18/2013 12:50:33 AM
Rata Sum, next to the gate to lions arch. Also it's closer to a jumping puzzle than a dungeon and you do not need a party.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#5Xialoh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:35:59 AM
Ah, cool. Thanks.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#6ArcticPlaguePosted 4/18/2013 9:41:33 AM
Let us know what you think of it!
---
"This is like a Presidential election... with FISTS!" - Juhanor on G Gundam season 2.
Helia (Tarnished Coast)
#7Xialoh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:43:20 AM
I actually found it pretty cool. I only got through the first level before going to sleep last night, but intend to try and finish out whatever is left. I'm not sure what the end goal is, and I'm wondering if there are any boss types, but it's fun all the same. Like they really injected a Mario game into GW2.

The shopkeepers comments on their stuff being smashed were also extremely hilarious to me. I always wondered how advanced the AI would have to be before anyone noticed I was tearing their house to pieces.
---
#8Duke DarkwoodPosted 4/18/2013 10:05:51 PM
Yeah, it's essentially a cross between a Mario-style platformer and a Zelda-style action/adventure game, with references to a variety of classic games of the era.

It's still in the GW2 engine - they may downplay the graphics and music, but your freedom of movement is unchanged, and how you fight is the same (although with a special skillbar for the minigame). The primary changes to mechanics are that health, offense, and defense are fixed (unrelated to gear), and you do not take fall damage - period. (You can still lose a life by falling into a bottomless pit, of course. Oh, right - like an old-school game, it gives you "lives".)

You know, I actually don't think I ever bothered checking if SAB deaths even count as character deaths. Going by past GW1 experiences, I would assume "no", but as yet, we've never had a GW2 minigame this detached from standard rules until now.

Oh, and the game will remain in until the end of the month. Presumably, 12:00 A.M. UTC, May 1st - which will be 5-8 P.M. in the evening of April 30th, in Continental U.S. time zones. So, you have a bit under 12 days remaining.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann