best spec for an elementalist? any mods yet?

#1xVSaNxPosted 6/6/2013 2:35:13 PM
wondering the best specs for elementalists, when I played dagger/dagger was the best and I forget the spec

also wondering if there are any mods for visualization, dps, sweetfx injectors, etc yet, not interested in the reticle combat mod unless it got a lot better
#2Witch ElfPosted 6/6/2013 10:10:23 PM
basically, the 'best' spec for ele is either 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30. That's for pretty much all builds, daggers, staff, etc. There's a slight change for a more scepter based dps build, which is something like 0/25/10/25/20 or something like that.

Personally, I'm sorta wishing I had avoided the ele. There's really only one viable spec for them and Anet seems to have a desire to nerf it that borders on sexual arousal.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness
#3acangialPosted 6/7/2013 12:56:37 PM
Witch Elf posted...
basically, the 'best' spec for ele is either 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30. That's for pretty much all builds, daggers, staff, etc. There's a slight change for a more scepter based dps build, which is something like 0/25/10/25/20 or something like that.

Personally, I'm sorta wishing I had avoided the ele. There's really only one viable spec for them and Anet seems to have a desire to nerf it that borders on sexual arousal.

For those first two spec recommendation, it looks like you saying go with attunement spamming and total vit and healing, mix in a little speed or toughness. The more I think about it the more it seems to make sense to me especially since eles are fragile in dungeons and really seem to be best at providing long distance support to the party.

How tough are you in dungeons?
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
#4KoffingLuvsTofuPosted 6/7/2013 9:18:16 PM
Witch Elf posted...

I came to say this. ^^^
#5DraginvryPosted 6/7/2013 10:52:23 PM
I'm getting bored of my elementalist because I don't like being squishy, but I definitely don't want to make a tank build. Elementalists have fun skills, but I'm feeling that my time would be better spent on one of my other alts.
#6AurealPosted 6/7/2013 11:23:25 PM
Draginvry posted...
I'm getting bored of my elementalist because I don't like being squishy, but I definitely don't want to make a tank build. Elementalists have fun skills, but I'm feeling that my time would be better spent on one of my other alts.

This. I did an ele for my second character, got her to 80, and still have her sitting there at 80 wearing rares over a month later because I just don't really know what to do with her so I don't know what equipment I should invest in. In the meanwhile I've leveled my third character up to 80 and outfitted her with exotics and have my fourth up to almost 30... But really no motivation to dig the ele out because I haven't found anything to do with her that my mesmer or guardian can't do better...
---
Behold the mythical art of quad-wielding and its dodecarrow storm!
#7DraginvryPosted 6/8/2013 12:03:06 AM
Aureal posted...

In the meanwhile I've leveled my third character up to 80 and outfitted her with exotics and have my fourth up to almost 30... But really no motivation to dig the ele out because I haven't found anything to do with her that my mesmer or guardian can't do better...

Yeah. I'll probably change my elementalist build back to what I was using before since she is massively more squishy now (albeit more fun). But, even with the tougher build, I still don't see any reason to play her. My guardian is my go-to profession for WvWvW, and whatever my guardian can't do my engineer can. The elementalist doesn't seem to offer anything that can't be done better by other professions other than having a lot of AoE and combo field options.
#8ReikkenPosted 6/10/2013 11:34:55 AM
I used to run a 30 water 30 arcane elementalist, but then I tried out a pure offense build with 30 in fire, 20 air, 20 arcane, and it felt great. I still had almost no trouble staying alive.
---
"Somebody get me up so I can die fighting!"