Dev preview of ascended crafting at noon PDT

#1MMOJumperPosted 8/30/2013 10:17:27 AM
Linsey Murdock is going to be going live on the GW2 twitch stream at Noon PDT which is about an hour and 45 minutes(from time of posting) with a preview of the ascended weapon crafting! Go check it out!

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
---
GW2: MMOJumper.8504
#2darkrain108Posted 8/30/2013 3:22:34 PM
Two weeks to craft an ascended item that is account bound. This does not include the time it takes to get from 400-500 either.

Overall this is a terrible idea IMO, and will become unbearable if agony makes its way out of fractals. I have a feeling it will, into dungeons...but that is just a guess.
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#3RabillionPosted 8/30/2013 5:54:15 PM
Stop with the time-gated crap. Ectos were 27s yesterday and now shot up to 37s.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/
---
Buying your blue jeans and listening to your pop music.
#4darkrain108Posted 8/30/2013 8:25:45 PM
Yeah, they always seem to undo everything from patch to patch. Ectos were high, then they made world bosses drop weapons like candy, putting ecto into an affordable place. Now they use ectos for the MF stuff and they skyrocket, undoing the first thing.

This also messes up dust...as in it was super expensive because Orr is terrible, so they go and make it so ecto can be salvaged into dust. This equalizes the price, but now that ecto is higher, dust is going to go higher.

I do like how they coin the coming unpredictable market as 'exciting'. As exciting as implementing timers on individual mats I guess. Or rather, not exciting at all..just bad for everyone.
---
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse
#5End_Break_FomarPosted 8/30/2013 10:31:41 PM
Anyone concerned about needing to buy transmutation stones for the ascended armors? How many ascended skins are we getting? If it's one per armor type, then I'm betting we're going to need cash shop transmutation stones to put the dungeon armor skins back onto these armors.
#6easycompany68Posted 8/31/2013 7:26:56 AM
End_Break_Fomar posted...
Anyone concerned about needing to buy transmutation stones for the ascended armors? How many ascended skins are we getting? If it's one per armor type, then I'm betting we're going to need cash shop transmutation stones to put the dungeon armor skins back onto these armors.

what worries me more is that the new weapon skins are actually nice. I have a bunch in bank waiting for them to go up..lol It these new ones are nice, there gonna drop hard...lol
#7RabillionPosted 8/31/2013 10:53:08 AM
I have some fine transmutation stones saved up too, but once ascended armor hits that will be the death of my alts. There's only so much time I can invest into this game and the time gates are dumb.
---
#8easycompany68Posted 8/31/2013 12:05:03 PM
Rabillion posted...
I have some fine transmutation stones saved up too, but once ascended armor hits that will be the death of my alts. There's only so much time I can invest into this game and the time gates are dumb.

ive been hearing a lot about this... that's BS... the different in stats wont be a huge dif. honestly, you could run around in rares or greens and still do the same in any PvE situations... only PVP would be different and its going to be a long long long time until people have full sets of ascended armor.. Don't give upon alts...as long as they have exotics your fine.
#9RabillionPosted 8/31/2013 1:35:17 PM(edited)
It's not so much the small stat boosts I'm worried about. It's the the once-a-day per account thought process that pisses me off. It already takes months to outfit just one character with full ascended trinkets.
---
#10MirMirosPosted 8/31/2013 1:45:18 PM
seriously, I really wish this game would reward you for having alts instead of punishing you for it.