Frostgorge Champ farming, I can't keep up...

#1TheRaven1406Posted 9/16/2013 3:13:06 PM(edited)
...I have no clue how people waypoint so fast and run and attack so fast, often champs are dead before I can get a hit in. Waypoints take quite some time to load for me. Any hints other than trying to join a party to get kill credit more easily?

edit: the first three are np, but I'm too late for worm sometimes, always too late for troll, sometimes too late for drake
#2cpg2Posted 9/16/2013 3:22:09 PM
You can create a new chat tab that just has whispers and whisper the waypoints to leave them there for quicker clicking. Otherwise it's just a question of load times, and that's partly a hardware thing.

Could always guest onto a less populated server to see if you can find a smaller zerg, but that'll be hit or miss.
#3AurealPosted 9/16/2013 3:22:19 PM
Have you tried loading the waypoint during the run to/fight with the current champ? Save you a few seconds of pulling up the map and scrolling over to find the right waypoint, all you have to do is click on message once you get your loot.
---
Behold the mythical art of quad-wielding and its dodecarrow storm!
#4RabillionPosted 9/16/2013 3:37:50 PM
I take it the champ farming in Cursed Shore is no longer viable? This is the first I've heard of it being in Frostgorge now.
---
Oh, but no, you like Byzantium, your precious favored civ. Gotta rank them higher! - HMandACFan
#5Gojak_v3Posted 9/16/2013 3:42:56 PM
I've run into this before a few times. For whatever reason people are unwilling to wait 30 seconds for the whole zerg to get there. It's not like they are gonna miss anything since they are gonna have to wait 5 minutes for the champ fish to spawn (champ fish being the starting point on my server).
#6RandomsnPosted 9/16/2013 3:50:32 PM
If you haven't tried this already; options -> graphics ->settings preset: best performance. When done farming, switch it to auto-detect. This of course will not remember any custom tinkering with the settings.
#7TheRaven1406(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:12:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys :)

You can create a new chat tab that just has whispers and whisper the waypoints to leave them there for quicker clicking.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Could always guest onto a less populated server to see if you can find a smaller zerg, but that'll be hit or miss.

It's very late in EU now 1am/2am and the zerg is smaller and I can finally get loot. I think the problem is that champs stop scaling at a certain amount of people and then they get killed too fast to get credit.

Have you tried loading the waypoint during the run to/fight with the current champ? Save you a few seconds of pulling up the map and scrolling over to find the right waypoint, all you have to do is click on message once you get your loot.

Not sure what you mean... I'm usually busy during fighting/running

I take it the champ farming in Cursed Shore is no longer viable? This is the first I've heard of it being in Frostgorge now.

Frostgorge is the new thing, yes. (And queensdale for lower levels)

For whatever reason people are unwilling to wait 30 seconds for the whole zerg to get there. It's not like they are gonna miss anything since they are gonna have to wait 5 minutes for the champ fish to spawn

I don't understand this either, you always need to wait either at fish or skillpoint

)
#8TheRaven1406(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:13:58 PM
If you haven't tried this already; options -> graphics ->settings preset: best performance. When done farming, switch it to auto-detect. This of course will not remember any custom tinkering with the settings.

I have to test if this also lowers loading times
#9RandomsnPosted 9/16/2013 4:16:40 PM
It should. I had the same problem as you with large Frostgorge zergs.
#10Doombringer55Posted 9/16/2013 5:40:13 PM
TheRaven1406 posted...

I have to test if this also lowers loading times

It absolutely does. I usually play on max settings, and I tend to load near the tail end of the zerg. With minimal settings (which really aren't that bad once you get used to them), I load before everyone else; I'm usually that guy you see running alone ahead of the zerg (due in part to being a thief).

This is the single biggest thing you can do to get ahead, but you should also be using whatever skills you have at your disposal for moving faster. Using AoE loot also helps a lot, as I don't need to waste time trying to find the corpse. This in turn allows me to open my map and have the waypoint ready, such that I only need to hit my AoE loot button then waypoint immediately.

Having the waypoints posted in chat can help a lot, but I tend to forget about them. Plus, with all the map and guild chat, it usually gets pushed out of sight. The whispers tab trick mentioned above would be a great idea... if it didn't involve having to switch tabs.But then, I'm lazy like that.
---
GT: ThunderMongoose