Just got Gold Edition. Not sure what I've bought.

#1Metal Gear FredPosted 4/12/2011 1:43:15 PM
Hello

I've just got the Gold edition of Medieval II (Medieval II + Kingdoms), and I'm not sure what I've bought. Whats confusing me is that I have 6 launchers, but only 5 work.

Medieval II v1.03
Medieval II Kingdoms - Americas v1.04
Medieval II Kingdoms - Britannia v1.04
Medieval II Kingdoms - Crusades v1.04
Medieval II Kingdoms - Teutonic v1.04
Kingdoms v???

Its the Kingdoms launcher that won't work. I've seen another thread on here asking a similar thing. A credits screen appears, then it shuts down and an empty error box appears.

I've used a patch to upgrade Kingdoms to v1.05, or atleast the campaigns, and I still get the problem.

Is the expansion (Kingdoms) just the four extra campaigns?

Thanks
---
"You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"
#2bac_AlexanderPosted 4/12/2011 9:54:53 PM

Hmm I cant remember how many launchers there should be. Maybe the 5th kingdoms launcher is just a selection menu where you can select which module you want to play. Cant remember.

Anyways, Kingdoms is just 4 new smaller campaigns. There are some other differences in gameplay compared to the vanilla.

#3Metal Gear Fred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2011 12:24:04 PM
Thanks for the reply.

As long as I can access all of the material, I don't mind how many launchers there are. I'll load the Kingdoms campaigns individually.

I feel better now. : )
---
#4Shika_StonerPosted 4/16/2011 5:34:52 AM

I usually only create the first shortcut when I install the games. The launcher lets you pick which game you want to play.So it's basically a bunch of pointless extra shortcut icons if you create all the shortcuts.

Also don't forget to try out the "Custom Campaign Mod" It adds many of the features of Kingdoms into the base game. You can also play as the Mongols, Timurids, Aztecs and Papal States in the grand campaign. Something that you can't do in vanilla.

#5Shika_StonerPosted 4/16/2011 5:36:12 AM

Shika_Stoner posted...

I usually only create the first shortcut when I install the games. The launcher lets you pick which game you want to play.So it's basically a bunch of pointless extra shortcut icons if you create all the shortcuts.

Also don't forget to try out the "Custom Campaign Mod" It adds many of the features of Kingdoms into the base game. You can also play as the Mongols, Timurids, Aztecs and Papal States in the grand campaign. Something that you can't do in vanilla.

I meant to say Custom Campaign Mod 2. Don't bother with the first one because 2 is better.

#6Metal Gear Fred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2011 9:06:46 AM
Its the launcher that I can't get working though. I would prefer that, just having the Kingdoms launcher to choose my campaign.

The only way I can access the four campaigns is by using the individual icons.

I'm not too bothered about it though. As long I can access all of the content I've paid for, I'm a happy bunny. : )
---