blacktail vs red9 vs regular handgun

#1shottysniper3Posted 3/21/2009 9:42:30 PM
which one should i use?
---
epnoscope cod waw. fc 4812 0361 2 595
Madworld goty. Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding. http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/
#2Salamence7456Posted 3/21/2009 9:45:31 PM
Red9 offers best firepower when fully upgraded.
Blacktail is more balanced.
Regular handgun...well isn't that good except for the x5 critical.

Go with Red9 or Blacktail. I used Blacktail, but most people here recommend Red9.
---
terrahertz1012, 3/26/2007 10:13:19 PM ~ MMO = Menopausal Mothers Organization.
#3GodTurtlePosted 3/21/2009 9:45:48 PM
Red9 or Blacktail on normal. Handgun on pro.
#4jiffyfilesPosted 3/21/2009 11:44:32 PM
just got resident evil 4..
I was stuck in the shooting range area trying to get to the other side where Ashley was taken. How do I get there?
Started the game over, now I am stuck in the castle by the Golden sword..I don't see any other door..
Help
#5mylose64Posted 3/22/2009 11:29:11 AM
I find the handgun to be the cheapest and best upgradable gun. it's special upgrade kicks ass
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#6GodTurtlePosted 3/22/2009 1:41:41 PM
Started the game over, now I am stuck in the castle by the Golden sword..I don't see any other door..
Help

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Anyhow, you need to switch the swords around. You should see a silver/platinum looking one as well.
#7Wolfwood824Posted 3/23/2009 11:22:29 AM
Handgun

Pros:
- significantly cheaper than the other two
- Exclusive upgrade is available earlier than most other guns
- takes up less space than the Red9
- 5x critical headshot chance with the Exclusive, making it potentially more effective than other guns against anyone whose head can be blown off, depending on your luck

Cons:
- later on in the game, is practically useless against anything that can't have critical headshots scored on it

Red9

Pros:
- solid firepower at the Castle and beyond, and top-notch firepower with the Exclusive

Cons:
- weakest in terms of firing speed, reloading speed, and capacity
- not particularly useful before the Castle
- takes up 8/11 spaces (without/with Stock) as opposed to 6
- costs more to upgrade than the Handgun
- Exclusive only available after beating Salazar

Blacktail

Pros:
- best firing speed and capacity of the handguns
- solid firepower with the Exclusive
- takes up less space than the Red9

Cons:
- costs even more than the Red9
- unavailable until Chapter 3-1
- takes quite a while to get significantly more powerful than the basic Handgun
- needs to expend more ammo to match/surpass the Red9's damage output
- Exclusive only available after beating Salazar
---
"I will not suffer the same fate as cream filling!"
#8Champ721Posted 3/23/2009 11:37:51 AM
Definitely go for the Blacktail. The normal handgun kind of sucks. The Red9 has good firepower, yes, but it's weak in every other category. Although it has the coolest reload animation as far as pistols go, ha ha. The Blacktail is the most balanced. It can hold (I think) about 30 some shots, and has pretty good firepower, anyway.
#9mylose64Posted 3/23/2009 12:35:22 PM
I usually use the red 9 mostly because of looks and to make professional mode even harder.
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#10A Purple CowPosted 3/23/2009 2:12:31 PM
The normal handgun is the best by a pretty decent margin on Professional. Let's examine the claims of the Weapon Analysis guide.

In fact, just to
make sure, I did a test. I played through a portion of Chapter 2-2 three times.
I used a fully-upgraded Handgun the first time, a fully-upgraded Red9 the
second time, and a fully-upgraded Blacktail the third time. With the Handgun, I
killed 16 villagers with 44 bullets total. With the Red9, I killed them with 32
bullets, and with the Blacktail, I killed them with 37 bullets. So, with the
Handgun, it took me 2.75 bullets to kill each villager, but with the Red9, it
only took me 2.00 bullets to kill each villager. The Blacktail had similar
results (2.31 bullets per villager).

1) The guide writer doesn't say whether or not this was on Professional or Normal. If on Normal, then this is a handicap on the Handgun.

2) The guide writer chose a part of the game relatively close to the start. Since enemies get more health as the game goes on, this is a handicap on the Handgun.

3) Truthfully, the Fire Power doesn't really matter. How often do you really shoot enemies to death with a handgun?

Also, the Red9 is the most economically sound for the amount of
damage it does. Its total cost per firepower (TC/FP) is the least out of all of
the handguns.

This claim doesn't take into account the Handgun's +headshot exclusive. Instead of using Fire Power, let's look at the bullets/villager that the guide writer tested for, as they would take the headshot into account. Note that this is the same test I've already shown to be biased against the Handgun.

Red9: 2 bullets per villager
Handgun: 2.75 bullets per villager

Now let's standardize the Red9 to the handgun's cost.

[2 bullets per villager] * [335,000 ptas]/[198,000 ptas] = 3.38383838

2.75 vs 3.3839 with a biased test.

Honestly, it's funny that he even brought up the cost per firepower and the cost per firepower per second and then went with the Red9 as the best handgun. Fact is, when you standardize the costs of the different handguns, the default blows the others away in EVERY category. And, really, that's what you want in a handgun. You don't want to have insane firepower, you have a rifle/magnum for that, and you don't really want crowd control, you have a TMP/shotgun for that. With a handgun, what you want is efficiency - and the default gives that to you.

You go with your Red9, I'll go with my Handgun and 140,000 ptas, thankyouverymuch.

Red9 offers best firepower when fully upgraded.
Blacktail is more balanced.
Regular handgun...well isn't that good except for the x5 critical.

Go with Red9 or Blacktail. I used Blacktail, but most people here recommend Red9.

Of course the Handgun isn't good without the x5 critical. What's your point?

Cons:
- later on in the game, is practically useless against anything that can't have critical headshots scored on it

Every handgun is useless against anything that can't have critical headshots scored on them, because every one of those enemies are the types of enemies that handguns suck against. Shotguns and rifles and TMPs are a billion times better against Novistadors and Wolves than handguns are.
---
and that was the fastest I ever ran in my life until I got older and could run faster.
~Dragonfire Mage