How Do I Install This?!

#1GeneralCortezPosted 1/26/2008 8:22:39 PM
Alright, I got this tonight. I tried installing it(Dur). It wouldnt come up. So I uninstalled Company of Heroes: Game of the Year Edition.

Opposing Fronts installed! WHOO!

BUT...I tried to go into the CoH campaign.

It wouldnt accept the Game of the Year Code.

I input the other code from my orginal GoH game, and it didnt work(Probably because the reason that code was to be dierarded is because its different versions, but meh, try anyway)

I uninstaled OF, and reinstalled CoH: GOTY. It came up to the Opposing Fronts Main Menu(I know WTF?!), and I tried to put in the code, and it worked this time(asked for CoH:GOTY). I GOT EVERYTHING! WHOO!

BUT

As soon as I played with the British, I noticed something.....they didnt talk. And the OF campaigns wouldnt work

So now im reinstalling OF again

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!? I NEED to have the games intergrated

Im on 56k if you didnt know. No broadband, no going to relic online
---
"Er kann mich im arsche lecken!"-Gotz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2ArthasRebornPosted 1/26/2008 8:40:06 PM
You need to have OF installed. I'm not sure about your CD key problem, though. Since you don't go online, they should ask you for a key and an optional key.
---
-Wolfclaw Second-in-Command, Rocky
#3GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2008 8:44:45 PM
During install, I can put in a "retail code" for the game thats only 3 sections long. Thats it

I swear, this game is the *****est game ive ever had to install. Its worth it I have to say, but GOD DAMN. The guy that implimented this **** needs to come to my house so I can kick him in the teeth
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#4MediriPosted 1/27/2008 8:50:28 AM
1) Install CoH: OF
2) Ignore the 'retail code' section.
3) Start the game. If you're not online, a DVD validation should take you to the main menu.
4) Click on the American campaign which should be locked. This will bring up a screen that allows you to enter the CD key.
5) Enter the key and start playing.

If that doesn't work (and I've done it a dozen times myself on various computers so there's no reason it shouldn't), then I have no idea what your problem is.
#5GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2008 12:37:13 PM
I did that...didnt you read my post? If I input the code for my GOTY edition of CoH, it wouldnt recognize the code

Dont worry though, I got it all worked out. Not sure what I did, but everything works now. It seems that I "reinstalled" OF while CoH was installed, and it FINALLY got its **** together
---
[Papal Crusaders]