Best problem

#1scratzinPosted 2/7/2008 4:16:27 AM
Well, I'm stuck at the Best mission. I've almost completed it, but I can't get the Pioneers to wire the bridge. They've set one charge so far, but when I order them to plant another they just stand in the middle of the bridge doing nothing. Already tried to destroy it with Goliaths and tanks and M18 rifles from the paratroopers, but nothing works
#2klinsiPosted 2/19/2008 7:04:12 AM

scratzin posted...
Well, I'm stuck at the Best mission. I've almost completed it, but I can't get the Pioneers to wire the bridge. They've set one charge so far, but when I order them to plant another they just stand in the middle of the bridge doing nothing. Already tried to destroy it with Goliaths and tanks and M18 rifles from the paratroopers, but nothing works

Steps :

1. Destroy all enemy units in the vicinity of the bridges (the one with the green mark) to prevent enemy troubled your pioneer unit

2. Once secured, bring your pioneer using the SdfKz they provided ASAP near the bridges

3. Oder the pioneer to get out from the SdfKz than move them to the middle of the bridge & then use their detonation ability to lets them wire the bridge

4. If its finished, order all your unit to get out from the bridge especially your pioneer

5. Then begin to look for the DETONATE button that appeared on the one of the 4 wired bombs & press it, viola... the bridge is blown !

6. U must use the pioneer ability to wire the bridge first than destroyed it using the wired bomb !!!

U can't destroy the bridge using any means except the wire bomb using the pioneer only too so its very important to protect the pioneer during the wiring session

Its strategy try to choose the Air doctrine (allowed u to spawn any Fallschirm in the building & lets u build 88 to defend against any enemy tank) or choose the Panzer doctrine (lets u get some heavier panzer to stand against enemy attack)

Have fun Bro !

#3ElvenArcher3000Posted 2/22/2008 5:32:49 AM
I just told them to wire the bridge, and when they just stood there I saved the game, reloaded it and everything was fine.
#4cptpoohfacePosted 2/23/2008 5:12:25 PM
I am having the same problem as you. I have cleared out the entire area of opposition, I have captured every single territory on the map, and I have a huge force waiting at the north end of the map, any allied forces that enter the area get pounded in just a few seconds. But my engineers (pioneers) won't plant the bomb. First off I found that I couldn't even target the bridge unless everyone was off the bridge. So I got everybody off the bridge and then I clicked on engineer (pioneer) and commanded him to wire the bridge, he would walk out to the middle of the bridge and just sit there. I left him there for about ten minutes and nothing happened. After a while I noticed that there are two circles at the south end of the bridge with transparent bombs in them. I figure I am supposed to place my bombs there, but when I try my engineers (pioneers) just go to the center of the bridge and stay there doing nothing. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, actually I don't think I am doing anything wrong, I think it must be some problem with the game, some kind of bug. Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this stupid problem and blow the stupid bridge please let us know.
More topics from this board...
List of PatchesAbaddon200717/27 4:28AM