Wehrmacht tips for a noob

#31Rayquaza418Posted 6/6/2008 6:47:49 PM
Stugs < Cromwell, and while they do work for stuarts, AT guns and shrecks work just as well.
---
SSBB FC - 3007 7739 6292
I dont really care what tire I play in~ FrogGamer
#32sunil_rangerPosted 6/10/2008 6:56:56 AM

@ Shemwell

you're saying that the sturm armory is a waste because of the nebs. forget that (u get the walking stuka later on). think about the other units - the puma and the stug.

and we r talking 1 vs 1 (individual skill) i'll assume. in a team game, i'll accept that the sturm armory is not much of a big deal.

#33Rayquaza418Posted 6/10/2008 2:07:06 PM
you're saying that the sturm armory is a waste because of the nebs. forget that (u get the walking stuka later on). think about the other units - the puma and the stug.

The puma is good, but it comes too late. Imagine if the PE 222 Armored Car came at 155 fuel, instead of 75 fuel. It's usage would decrease DRASTICALLY. However, yes, the puma can be very useful, and is by far the best thing in the Sturm Armory. But it's the only one worth using.

The stug is not very good. The frontal buffs to it's armor are coming making it quite a bit more effective in combat, but...it's armor isn't a problem. The ready aim time is far too long for the stug to be usable. It's easier than anything else to circlestrafe with slow turning speeds, and since it's ready aim time is so long, you have time to keep moving before it shoots if something messes your pathing up. It's still usable, but it's not worth the cost imo.
---
SSBB FC - 3007 7739 6292
#34ShemwellPosted 6/11/2008 9:03:01 PM
Yeah, just in general the cheaper m8 greyhound with decent micro will own a stug.
This is situational, obviously, and not guaranteed, but still.
I always liked the stug and the puma, but at the moment I do not think the sturm armory and its units are worth delaying t4 and vet.
---
GeneralCortez:
Rangers are good. I think they could use camo though.
#35ShemwellPosted 6/11/2008 9:11:07 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I was looking back on this thread and something was posted that ray began bashing.
It was something about no need for strategy in a strategy game.
Strategy is important, but metagame cookie cutter strats that one sticks too are meh.
Obviously, if you piospam against an american you will probably lose.
But the great thing about COH is that an inferior strategy can soft counter better strategies if the inferior one has better micro.
I do not think you can say "my strategy is to stick to my strengths and exploit weaknesses."

A strategy is having a sort of game plan. Then the good players will stick in some micro. Then the better players will deviate from their game plan to react to their opponents.

Now, with the arrival of OF this may have been lessened.
But I still notice it in american vs wehr.
---
GeneralCortez:
Rangers are good. I think they could use camo though.
#36call of dutyPosted 6/14/2008 9:38:59 AM
Support Veterancy is rarely useful.

lol.
---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#37call of dutyPosted 6/15/2008 1:32:22 AM
The PE vs. brit build order will win pretty much all the time unless your opponent is much more skilled than you. No one has been able to find a counter for it, except sepha himself I believe.

What strategy is this? Because I've yet to see a single definite strategy work well in CoH expert play. And Seph (NOT 'Sepha') the best player? Hardly. No one is 'the best player' in CoH, unless you talk by faction and further assuming it's 1v1 and even then it's very, very hard to say. (because if it's 2v2, SekiSelu and Dragoon will kick anyone's ass).

Generally:

Wehrmacht: Kodachrome, Seph, Heroic Company, Aniketos, GermanSupreme

American: ArmaReborn, Nuvion, Golraeder, iaguz,

Panzer Elite: Aniketos, iaguz, Krausen, Seph

British: Yokey, Tamiya, Fresheg

And I'm still missing alot of people like g0gy, Microza, Ahenian, Mexico.

Lastly, to get back on topic, Wehr vs. Brits is pretty much a creativity fight. I've seen some pretty wild strategies, including a vetted piospam on Sturzdorf which utterly decimated N3M (whom went down in a scream of whines and insults - I hate that guy anyways). Wehr vs. US is definitely hard IMO, especially in Ango where BAR's are earned quite quickly and these will totally ruin a slow-moving wehr player's game. So, Ray's basic tips are good, but they should never ever be considered a be-all end-all in real (not level 7, and lol @ your stats, sorry I have to say it >.>) technique. It is often better to react to the enemy and adapt your plans accordingly rather than go on a set path and regret it later.

---
Piza -- a wonder? You mean because some guy failed engineering? No comment. - Abyssmal Fiend
#38Rayquaza418Posted 6/15/2008 2:14:31 AM
I call seph sepha AND seph, because I have seen him go by both names...and yes, my record is quite horrible, you're right about that. It should be a bit better though, I've lost around 25ish games to a combination of drophacking, having a ****y computer, and just dropping at the beginning cause I decided I didn't feel like playing. But yes, either wayit's still not that good. And I would say seph is the overall best player. How well you can use a faction isn't the only thing in the skill of a player. Also, my tips don't say 'follow a set strategy throughout the entire game and never adapt'...
---
SSBB FC - 3007 7739 6292
#39Rayquaza418Posted 6/15/2008 4:30:04 AM
btw, so you know, I've had a complete change in opinion, I <3 t3 now.
---
SSBB FC - 3007 7739 6292
#40call of dutyPosted 6/15/2008 11:43:49 PM
Hmm. I always thought Sepha was a different person.
---