This is ridiculous!

#1RekuntaPosted 1/27/2009 12:10:58 AM

I've reformatted my HD and am trying to re-install OF. It installs, then downloads about 6 patches before I can even execute. It then boots to the multiplayer screen, where I need to enter my user name and password. Why can't I simply start a single player game? I don't want to play MP, just the campaign, but every executable file I can find only takes me to the MP start up, and I can't do anything unless I log in, and I've long since forgotten my name and pass. I shouldn't need that **** to play the SINGLE PLAYER campaign! I installed the original CoH thinking OF needs it, only to be told it's going to uninstall it.

What the hell is going on? Is there no way to start just the single player campaign? Or am I missing something obvious? I can't even start this dumb POS game without having to log-in. Ridiculous.

#2Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/27/2009 1:24:15 AM
Disconnect your internet before starting the game.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
#3_Margulis_Posted 1/29/2009 3:02:24 PM

Or just log in. Just because there's a log in screen doesn't mean your going directly to multiplayer.

Also you can use a firewall to block COH from connecting to the internet.

#4RedFusionPosted 1/29/2009 5:16:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5I3lackI2oguePosted 1/30/2009 3:19:19 PM
What's even worse is that, after checking the steam forums (my copy is on steam), apparently WE can't even play because the Relic servers are down, and now they ask us to put in a CD which we don't have because we have the steam copy of the game. GREAT!

this is why i oppose digital distribution, sure its convenient to not have to go out, but then you have to deal with crap like this without a physical copy of the disk
---
If you want a challenge, go hunt bears or something. It can KILL your ass.
- AncientDozer
#6chesterocks7Posted 2/4/2009 1:11:14 AM

I3lackI2ogue posted...
What's even worse is that, after checking the steam forums (my copy is on steam), apparently WE can't even play because the Relic servers are down, and now they ask us to put in a CD which we don't have because we have the steam copy of the game. GREAT!

this is why i oppose digital distribution, sure its convenient to not have to go out, but then you have to deal with crap like this without a physical copy of the disk
---
- AncientDozer

This is incredibly ignorant. I've been playing CoH through steam for more than 6 months without any problems whatsoever.

#7danmam2Posted 2/8/2009 12:53:21 PM
chesterocks7 posted...

I3lackI2ogue posted...

---
- AncientDozer

This is incredibly ignorant. I've been playing CoH through steam for more than 6 months without any problems whatsoever.

No offense, but you sound a lot more ignorant than him. Just because you (one person) haven't had any problems in 6 months doesn't mean there are no problems with digital distribution.

#8chesterocks7Posted 2/8/2009 7:38:45 PM
danmam2 posted...
chesterocks7 posted...

I3lackI2ogue posted...

---
- AncientDozer

No offense, but you sound a lot more ignorant than him. Just because you (one person) haven't had any problems in 6 months doesn't mean there are no problems with digital distribution.

If the Relic servers were down, one person wouldn't be able to play without any problems while there were several topics on the Steam forums about it. Servers don't go down for select people. And where did I say there are no problems with DD? Don't put words in my mouth and then call me ignorant.

#9Rattlesnake_8Posted 3/2/2009 4:52:35 AM
I've been playing COH since it was originally released. The servers have gone down countless times for upgrades or simply "just because".. if the servers go down then you can't play unless you have the CD in the drive, and then you can only play single player. For those who got it through digital distribution, im not sure how that would have worked.. but for anyone to say the servers have not gone down has obviously not played online. They don't usually go down for long, or go down often.. but when they do, it is a pain.