The Saboteur 2. Will it happen?

#1kryten33Posted 2/17/2010 7:19:57 PM
So, I know Pandemic is closed even though some of the team is remaining with EA, but what do you think the chances of The Saboteur 2 are?

I hope so as I've had a lot of fun playing this!

-d
#2GeoMaggsPosted 2/18/2010 7:19:32 AM
Well, Paris is "liberated" so I'm not sure. Unless they go the Assassin's Creed route, and make a different story and setting in a different time (or place), maybe.

But, I don't think I'd want to play it. Blowing up 1300+ nazi installations should happen once in a lifetime.
---
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
#3GalaxyBadgerPosted 2/18/2010 7:24:40 AM
Blowing up 1300+ nazi installations should happen once in a lifetime.

It wasn't exactly mandatory :-| But yeah, I wouldn't really want to play a second one. This one was good but lacked the polish for me to really be interested in playing another
#4GeoMaggsPosted 2/18/2010 8:43:21 AM
I know it's not mandatory, but if you want to 100% the game, it kind of is. Plus it makes life a hellofa lot easier to do missions.

I am really bored of doing it, but I can't seem to stop! OCD for the win!
---
#5epitome59Posted 2/18/2010 9:56:24 PM
GEO, i'm the exact same way. just can't seem to quit doing it. haha. I would be down for a 2nd one.
#6OldFrenchDragonPosted 2/19/2010 3:21:56 AM
Oui !!

I'm not done blowing up Nazis ! I want to kill more of them ! Kill them with flamethrower ! Kill them with sharp blades !

Lieutenan Aldo Raine said he wanted 100 scalps ?

I want my 100 billions tons of Nazi flesh .

Die Nazi die !

***Goes torch Nazis with flamethrower ***

---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier
#7GeoMaggsPosted 2/19/2010 7:15:44 AM
Well, after sleeping on it, if Saboteur 2 was announced, I'd pick it up. I forgot about the actual story missions. After doing all freeplay maps as I bought them, I got back into the story, and it's fun again!

---
#8aken909Posted 2/25/2010 8:43:04 AM
With the fate of Pandemic, it seems unlikely there will be a sequel. This game barely even made it to the stores, which is why it's unpolished.

I would definitely buy a sequel or a spin off.

There are so many ways it could happen, Shaun could easily join the British and attack the Nazi's else where in Europe. Or they could spin it off and give a new character in some other place but along the same lines.
#9Patriarch105Posted 2/25/2010 10:34:52 AM
Not only did the developer go under but the game itself didn't sell to well. A sequal would be a terrible buisness choice.
---
Please say why you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
#10Yunthor_HnCPosted 2/26/2010 2:35:51 PM
^^ The developer was more 'absorbed' than 'went under'. EA had bought them a while back and, as they tend to do, they closed the studio and made brought them under the EA banner.