Level Cap

#1DuthosPosted 9/2/2008 5:20:17 PM
So been playing thw game for a little bit now, and just found out the horrid truth on level caps. I am used to them really, lvl 99 as max is pretty standard. Though I liked what disgaea did (or didn't do) with caps. Some games out there sissy out seriously and cap you at fifty. Pathetic.

But thirty? That is just sad.

Anyway, I did have a question amongst this griping. Is there a mod, utility or console command that allows normal character progression past thirty?

If not this game will be going on my shelf. And I only made it to level thirteen. Sigh. So much potential.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#2GundatoPosted 9/2/2008 6:44:39 PM
There is probably a mod from another person who is only used to games that are all about grinding, but it would just be bonus HP and what not.

The thing is, DnD is different than the ruleset used in Final Fantasy or Diablo. A level 20 character in 3.5e is essentially the equivalent of Captain America or Batman (the most powerful a human being can possibly be while still being human). A level 30 character is a demigod (Thor or Superman).

If what you want to do is grind levels until the cows come home, there are plenty of games out there that cater to you. However, Dungeons and Dragons is more about savoring the characters.
---
http://www.google.com
Use it
#3Morpher_lordPosted 9/3/2008 4:31:56 AM
well said
#4Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 7:29:06 AM
Awesome. I especially like the part where you don't answer the question.

Opinions are like anuses. Everyone has one, and they all stink.

I didn't ask for opinions, I asked for an answer.
---
#5SephirothGDPosted 9/3/2008 1:53:15 PM
Some stink more than others though , like yours .
Anyway , the answer to your question is no.
---
Griffon -- I have no idea why this is an issue. Entertainment is entertainment. Nudity just makes it better.
#6TheShrike_Posted 9/3/2008 2:20:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 2:22:26 PM
Thanks.

And the funny thing about stink is that everyone elses is always worse than your own.
---
#8GundatoPosted 9/3/2008 2:28:19 PM
I apologize, I thought you were looking for a discussion. I mean, only a jerk would bash a game so rudely and expect people to go out of their way to help them.
---
http://www.google.com
Use it
#9Duthos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 3:12:03 PM
I was out of line. Sorry.

I was just frustrated that after putting thirteen levels in one class, I found that I couldn't gain all the abilities of ANY two classes. Well, one normal and one prestige I guess you could. It just seems weak to me that you can't progress past level thirty.

I do like grinding, and I do like diablo, and the resemblence between it and this game are striking.

Anyway you're right, I wasn't looking for a discussion, I was looking for a solution (I know, to others it isn't a problem) and likely should have started off more nuetral.
---
#10SephirothGDPosted 9/3/2008 6:37:17 PM
@Duthos : Nice one.As for the 30 levels , they are enough (though more are always welcome ).
Drop a visit here : http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Power_Builds
Chances are that you will find stuff you like there .I recommend Divine Dragon (or Profane if you want to go bad) or Beginner's Cleric for starters.
---
Griffon -- I have no idea why this is an issue. Entertainment is entertainment. Nudity just makes it better.