How do i stop Blanka's electric shock?

#1xerxeswasachumpPosted 12/2/2008 10:00:09 AM
I just downloaded this game. I've never been a big street fighter fan and mostly stick to 3d fighters like Soul Calibur. However, i decided to give this game a try. I've really enjoyed it so far and definitely understand how deep this game can be. Anyway, one of my friends plays as Blanka and just jump kicks and shocks me to death. I know i can just use a fireball character to hit him from afar when he is in that electric shock thing. Unfortunately, my favorite characters, Cammy and Zangief are not fireball users. How do i counter that shock spam with these characters? Or should i just switch to Ken and Ryu (boring)?
#2emagiusPosted 12/2/2008 10:04:25 AM
Trip (from a distance), fireball, dragon punch/flash kick, or command throw.
---
"Man built most nobly when limitations were at their greatest." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
#3xerxeswasachump(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2008 10:11:54 AM
I can command throw through the electric shock? I feel like i must have tried zangief's kick command throw (where he runs forward). Also, is Zangief's crouching roundhouse kick considered a sweep?
#4ShippoyashaPosted 12/2/2008 10:12:08 AM
If you're going to melee with elecric shock, prepare to get traded. And usually, traded bad. It's a really good option for Blanka especially for any and all rushers. I LOVE it when a Sagat player thinks he can bully my Blanka around. Only to eat 20% health elecriticity.
#5SS_MetalSonicPosted 12/2/2008 10:15:26 AM
Some punches to the top of the head may work SOMETIMES
---
PC360...One day Wii - 360WiiPC
#6xerxeswasachump(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2008 10:18:02 AM
Hmmm...Well, it seems like the consensus is that Blanka is just a WIN button against non-fireball characters. What other characters are noob friendly besides ken/ryu? I'd rather not play the same old hadoken/dragon punch game.
#7xerxeswasachump(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2008 10:20:18 AM
Actually, I really would like to stick with Zangief/Cammy if possible. So, any experienced Cammy/Zang players, toss me some advice. My Gamertag is "baker face man". Hit me up in Live.
#8OkamePosted 12/2/2008 10:20:58 AM
You're playing Zangief. Just SPD him.
---
Too... many... games... *collapses*
#9Woods_of_YpresPosted 12/2/2008 10:21:55 AM
If you want to stop any move, just go to training mode, turn on the hitboxes and see where he's vulnerable.
---
"Except captian falcon is a ****ing race car driver (a profession with women I might add)." -- Diet Water
#10ShinAkuma777Posted 12/2/2008 10:30:11 AM
all characters can sweep blanka out of it from a distance without taking damage some can also poke him out of it
---
Currently Ranked 3rd in Endless Attack on MM9 with 674 screens
That sounded like a prayer. A prayer! In a public school! God has no place between these walls!