Your best moves as GM in Franchise mode?

#1GoldenguyPosted 1/6/2008 1:46:16 PM
After my first season, I drafted my current best CB and kick/punt returner in the first round. I also drafted my best (by far) wide receiver in the fifth round.
--
Sixth year of the franchise, I just unloaded a declining RB who wanted too much money, as well as a CB that never plays but earns a pretty penny, for a young RB that's pretty quick. Saved about 7 million on the salary cap and after one game against a good running defense, I'm liking this.
---
Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!
#2HDG487Posted 1/8/2008 11:40:20 PM
picked up brandon jacobs in free agency after he spent 2 years on the giants almost not playing. had 35 tds with him in a season. all in the goaline!

traded for darren sproles for a 5th and a 6th round pick. made him my star runningback for years
---
Steelers 7-3 Penguins 9-11 Knicks 3-9 Pirates 68-94
#3lonlaser7Posted 1/10/2008 4:50:24 PM
going into year 2 of my packers franchise, I ended up with the #1 pick so I drafted a RB who came out at 86 ovr. In the next round I drafted an OLB at 84. ovr. needless to say, they are both rookie of the year in their respective areas.
---
so you're saying you'd take Samkon Gado over LT? absolutely brilliant deciscion there. - Baltaz
#4Goldenguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2008 8:57:37 PM
Haha yeah that's some pretty nifty stuff there.

My first year's picks have done the best by far..

32nd pick in 2008: He's my favored cornerback.. great through 4 seasons but definitely the MVP this season, even though the game doesn't say so.. 10 games in, he's gotten 12 picks (7 returned for TD), returned three punts for TD (two 73-yarders in a row vs. the Bears), and returned 5 kickoffs for TD. I drafted him for speed and he's got it (99 speed, 98 agility, 89 acceleration).

160th pick in 2008: Favored receiver.. career 33.4 reception average with 128TDs and 9706 yards through 74 games, including a 99 yard catch when a punt pinned me on the goal line. I drafted him since he was 6-4 and was sickly fast.

I'm only playing on Pro difficulty with 4 minute quarters so it's pretty easy to amass these things.. but it's still quite fun.
---
Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!
#5lonlaser7Posted 1/21/2008 2:39:45 PM
going into year three, I drafted a 6'1 corner with 96 speed, 86 overall with the first overall pick (Had to trade Charles Woodson to get the pick). He is now #2 behind Marcus Trufant (95 ovr.) and ahead of Al Harris (91 ovr., but has 83 spd) and #4 Aaron Rouse (83 ovr. 6'4) then in the second round, I drafted a 6'1 WR who had 99 spd. he came out about 81 ovr. He is now in the #4 spot behind Donald Driver (96 ovr.), Greg Jennings (92 ovr.), and Antonio Bryant (88 ovr.)
---
so you're saying you'd take Samkon Gado over LT? absolutely brilliant deciscion there. - Baltaz
#6lonlaser7Posted 1/28/2008 5:57:09 PM
should mention that the CB I drafted is 2nd in INT's by week 11 and my WR is 5th in the league with 11 TD's
---
#7ShammahPosted 2/24/2008 3:54:32 AM
My first year draft my lowest priority were Wide Receivers, but by time it came to the 32nd pick(myself) all the previous teams had left a top 5 pick there. A WR, so I took him. Good thing too, that kid turned out to be a beast.

---
http://www.stopnstay.co.za/gfx/shammah.jpg
#8ThiradellPosted 3/24/2008 4:35:20 PM
I don't have any BRILLIANT moves as a GM. I did trade Marques Colston for Edwin Mulitalo (LG) since my former left guard was weak and I had Andre Johnson and Dwayne Bowe. I also trade all my draft picks for the worst team's draft picks every season in Week 6. Even though I'm 5-0, my picks have more value.

And in terms of actually playing the game...I had 66 passing touchdowns and 2,232 rushing yards with Vince Young (not in the same season). I had 30 interceptions in a season (all User Picks) with Eugene Wilson (FS). I had 27 receiving touchdowns with Ben Troupe (TE) after 22 in my first year. I've gone 48-1 in two and a half seasons (lost Year 2 opener to Baltimore 50-49, failed a 2PT at the end, stupid game). I play on All-Madden, 5-minute quarters.
---
Keep shooting! We've got lots of torpedoes!