Logitech Driving Force Pro - Force Feedback Wheel

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. GRID
  3. Logitech Driving Force Pro - Force Feedback Wheel
8 years ago#1
I am using this and I chose not to do the 900 degree option...I just can't seem to get the proper steering response. Is there something I need to do with the options?
I turn slight left and right and the car is still going straight. I have to really turn it and then I loose control. What up?
Dr. JAB (hjamesjab to some).
8 years ago#2
Try fiddling with the steering saturation and the linear....
You must be fast......cuz you where flyin' when i passed you..!!! **PSN: koop777**(for English and Dutch speaking only..!!)
8 years ago#3
The Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 periphial. You need the Driving Force GT which was designed for use with the Playstation 3.
Pain is only a pulse... If you just stop feeling it
8 years ago#4
Oh. I was getting away with the PS2 Logitech wheel all this time because I use it to play NFS Undercover. I just assumed it was the same for Grid. Whew. Now I feel better.

Now I just need to cough up $149.9 for the Driving Force GT wheel. :)
8 years ago#5
The Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 periphial. You need the Driving Force GT which was designed for use with the Playstation 3.

^^

That's BS, the DFP which indeed was made for GT4 (PS2) does the job perfectly right on a PS3..!! The Driving force GT is the new GT-wheel (GT5).
Inner works didn't change only few options for GT5.

Want a good wheel..?! Save up and get a G25...
You must be fast......cuz you where flyin' when i passed you..!!! **PSN: koop777**(for English and Dutch speaking only..!!)
8 years ago#6
Something is wrong then because I use the DFP Force feedback wheel and teh vehicle is hard to control. I start in a straight and the car begins to ease to the right. i try turning the wheel slightly to straighten up and nothing happens. I turn more, teh car goes right and I begin to spin out if I am accelerating from the starting point.
Something is wrong. I will default the settings and try again.

Really - what is the wheel to use? Shoudl it be so difficult to use? I raced with the controller and did very well. I prefer the wheel though...help?
8 years ago#7
I just got a Driving Force GT today and tried it out with the GRID demo. Works perfectly fine.
8 years ago#8
Try using the 900-option....Friend of mine also uses the DFP and is holding World Records so it has proven to do the job well in the right hands.

My settings (G25):
Strenghts: 40

Steering saturation 40%
Linear +1
Brake deadzone 5%

900degr. ON

It's all trail and error, the steering saturation and linear make the most difference IMO also throttle control is a very important thing in GRID.
Keep practicing because it is worth it..!!
8 years ago#9
I just bought my first steering wheel (GT force - the one with the red dial)
and Im having trouble with GRID too. Playing GT5 with it seems fine, but GRID seems so much easier with the pad. Maybe I just need to get my settings right, and practise some more.
But GRID also seems to mess with the calibration on the wheel. Most of the time I will start a race and veer suddenly to the left unless I spin my wheel 360 right b4 the race starts. Is that normal???
Akiman 4ever http://www12.big.or.jp/~akiman/e-top.html
8 years ago#10
Here are my GRID settings for my Driving Force GT. I have had great success with these settings and maybe they will help, it's worth a try.

DRIVING ASSISTS
Traction Control - on
Braking assist - off
Stability control - off

FORCE FEEDBACK
Force strength - 100
Force weight - 100
Effects strength - 100

WHEEL ADVANCED
Dead zone - 0
Steering saturation - 80
Steering linearity - 5
900 degree steering - off

I personally prefer using 220 degree steering instead of 900 degree steering because I can get the car to do what I want with less motion of the wheel. This option all comes down to personal preference. 900 degree steering is good, i'm just better and faster using the 220 degree steering.
Pain is only a pulse... If you just stop feeling it
  1. Boards
  2. GRID
  3. Logitech Driving Force Pro - Force Feedback Wheel

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived