Logitech Driving Force Pro - Force Feedback Wheel

#1hjamesjab06Posted 1/20/2009 3:59:34 PM
I am using this and I chose not to do the 900 degree option...I just can't seem to get the proper steering response. Is there something I need to do with the options?
I turn slight left and right and the car is still going straight. I have to really turn it and then I loose control. What up?
---
Dr. JAB (hjamesjab to some).
#2bladezzzPosted 1/21/2009 12:09:18 AM
Try fiddling with the steering saturation and the linear....
---
You must be fast......cuz you where flyin' when i passed you..!!! **PSN: koop777**(for English and Dutch speaking only..!!)
#3rollergoalie16Posted 1/21/2009 2:18:50 PM
The Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 periphial. You need the Driving Force GT which was designed for use with the Playstation 3.

---
Pain is only a pulse... If you just stop feeling it
#4hjamesjab06(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2009 9:20:18 PM
Oh. I was getting away with the PS2 Logitech wheel all this time because I use it to play NFS Undercover. I just assumed it was the same for Grid. Whew. Now I feel better.

Now I just need to cough up $149.9 for the Driving Force GT wheel. :)
---
#5bladezzzPosted 1/22/2009 4:57:27 AM
The Driving Force Pro is a Playstation 2 periphial. You need the Driving Force GT which was designed for use with the Playstation 3.

^^

That's BS, the DFP which indeed was made for GT4 (PS2) does the job perfectly right on a PS3..!! The Driving force GT is the new GT-wheel (GT5).
Inner works didn't change only few options for GT5.

Want a good wheel..?! Save up and get a G25...
---
You must be fast......cuz you where flyin' when i passed you..!!! **PSN: koop777**(for English and Dutch speaking only..!!)
#6hjamesjab06(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2009 11:21:56 AM
Something is wrong then because I use the DFP Force feedback wheel and teh vehicle is hard to control. I start in a straight and the car begins to ease to the right. i try turning the wheel slightly to straighten up and nothing happens. I turn more, teh car goes right and I begin to spin out if I am accelerating from the starting point.
Something is wrong. I will default the settings and try again.

Really - what is the wheel to use? Shoudl it be so difficult to use? I raced with the controller and did very well. I prefer the wheel though...help?
---
#7SaturnHSTPosted 1/24/2009 5:30:44 AM
I just got a Driving Force GT today and tried it out with the GRID demo. Works perfectly fine.
#8bladezzzPosted 1/25/2009 10:01:32 AM
Try using the 900-option....Friend of mine also uses the DFP and is holding World Records so it has proven to do the job well in the right hands.

My settings (G25):
Strenghts: 40

Steering saturation 40%
Linear +1
Brake deadzone 5%

900degr. ON

It's all trail and error, the steering saturation and linear make the most difference IMO also throttle control is a very important thing in GRID.
Keep practicing because it is worth it..!!
---
#9La_CaponePosted 1/26/2009 6:21:54 AM
I just bought my first steering wheel (GT force - the one with the red dial)
and Im having trouble with GRID too. Playing GT5 with it seems fine, but GRID seems so much easier with the pad. Maybe I just need to get my settings right, and practise some more.
But GRID also seems to mess with the calibration on the wheel. Most of the time I will start a race and veer suddenly to the left unless I spin my wheel 360 right b4 the race starts. Is that normal???
---
Akiman 4ever http://www12.big.or.jp/~akiman/e-top.html
#10rollergoalie16Posted 1/26/2009 6:42:27 PM
Here are my GRID settings for my Driving Force GT. I have had great success with these settings and maybe they will help, it's worth a try.

DRIVING ASSISTS
Traction Control - on
Braking assist - off
Stability control - off

FORCE FEEDBACK
Force strength - 100
Force weight - 100
Effects strength - 100

WHEEL ADVANCED
Dead zone - 0
Steering saturation - 80
Steering linearity - 5
900 degree steering - off

I personally prefer using 220 degree steering instead of 900 degree steering because I can get the car to do what I want with less motion of the wheel. This option all comes down to personal preference. 900 degree steering is good, i'm just better and faster using the 220 degree steering.

---
Pain is only a pulse... If you just stop feeling it