How in the heck do I do this?

#1dosetsu_kreidasPosted 5/2/2008 12:05:45 AM
I went into t he hong site to try adding some mods in. I am having a lot of trouble understanding what to do - my computer skills arent that good.

Can anyone help with instructing how to put stuff in .pp files, extracting, etc?

Much appreciated.
#2RankblotchPosted 5/2/2008 7:20:54 PM
Try getting WinRAR if you don't have it yet... just google for it

Unzip the mod files you get by right clicking on them then selecting "Extract To..." after installing WinRAR

Most of the time there are written instructions already inside so they should be able to instruct you where to copy the .pp files you get

Don't know if this is enough but I hoped it helped even a bit...

---
A strong will strengthens fate, and an unwavering, confident heart can crush through it - Hanyuu (Higurashi Ni Kai)
#3dosetsu_kreidas(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2008 9:42:27 PM
I have already gotten the winrar program. Let me explain exactly what I mean here.

(From the Extra pages mod made my Hiremi) - used to put extra clothes I think?

Installation:
1. Place the .exe file from the attached rar in the directory where a School Mate .exe file belongs.
2. Put the .lst files from the rar inside sm01_00.pp
2a. No, I'm not going to give you step-by-step instructions on how to do that.
3. Eat YOUKAN.
N.B. - there was no file in the rar that instructed me how to do this.

I totally do not understand the instructions from 2 onward. It's impossible to put those files into that particular .pp thing...or is there a program that can do so? Hongfire is really frustating in that it dosent give beginner's mod tutorials for this purpose...they assumed that everyone knows how to mod things already.

I guess the main questions are -

1) What EXACTLY do I need to use in order to get all mods into the game?
2) Where can I find CLEAR instructions on how to do so?
3) What are the techniques which are needed to put those extra files into others...like the instructions above?

Many thanks. It's been frustating trying to mod these things.
#4RankblotchPosted 5/5/2008 3:52:51 AM

Wow, those instructions suck.... I have no idea what it's trying to say either. I installed a mod before where you have to drag a .pp file into a certain C:/ program included in the RAR file to convert it or whatnot... I don't know if that mod you're trying to install works that way as well.

Trying asking on the forums again or lurking for people with similar problems before... with the way those instructions were given, I doubt there weren't any other people who got stuck in a rut trying to install that as well

---
A strong will strengthens fate, and an unwavering, confident heart can crush through it - Hanyuu (Higurashi Ni Kai)
#5RankblotchPosted 5/6/2008 5:29:43 PM
Right... I finally found out how to do those instructions properly...

leave an email add here so I can send you the program used to put stuff into .pp files (it's a small one) and some quick instructions how to do so

---
#6dosetsu_kreidas(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2008 6:39:28 AM
wilandvic@hotmail.com
Thanks for the help! much appreciated.
#7RankblotchPosted 5/7/2008 5:41:43 PM
Mail sent. Apologies for the delay, had to deal with work

---
#8dosetsu_kreidas(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2008 4:11:07 AM
Ok...good news and bad news -

Good news is...the program works great! Got the extra pages mod in finally...really enjoying myself with it. Also the hair editior as well.

Bad news - I guess there was mroe to this than I thought. To add in extra characters, clothes, etc, one needs to overwrite some language in the .lst files? What program should I use for that? Stuck there...

Seriously, thank for your help. If you ever come to the nation's captial, let me buy u a drink:)
#9RankblotchPosted 5/9/2008 4:23:52 AM
*head scratch*... Gee, haven't heard of that one before... -_-
Oh well, if I ever come across that problem somewhere, I'll give you another heads up by mail.

Anyway, you're welcome man. I'll take you up on your offer if I ever do pass by there by some remote chance.. haha XD

---
#10dosetsu_kreidas(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2008 6:17:02 PM
OK...let me show u the problem as noted.

Example - mini skit Mod by sgtstiglitz

Intructions:

1.- This requires SchoolMate Extra Pages.
2.- Make backups of your original sm01_00.pp.
3.- Use SchoolMateDecrypt_to_Retail.exe to extract sm01_00.pp to a new folder.
4.- Make the following changes to the cat3.lst, put in line 10 or 20, etc., copy, paste and save: (bunch of numbers - like mini_skirt.pp B-m_50.xx, etc)
5.- repack the modified sm01_00 into a new .pp and put in the data folder.
6.- Extract mini_skirt.pp in data folder.
7.- Fin.

1 to 3 is easy, with that program you e-mailed me. So is 5-7.

It's 4 im having trouble with - I currently have no program to modify those cat files...what kinda program do I need for it? Does it involve any changing in the language?

Hope that explains it better...