Quick NOOB FAQ 1.0

#1jbakerPosted 12/26/2007 9:29:16 PMmessage detail
So I decided to create this because I'm tired of seeing topics like 'what's prestige mode?' and 'my sniper rifle is broken, please fix if Jesus'. Yes, everyone is free to ask, say what they want, but considering I frequent this board everyday, I would love to see better discussions about the game take place. So here goes I'll start first...and feel free to add anything that noobs might need to know

What is prestige mode?

Prestige Mode is where you get to be a virgin again...j/k...no but really, it's pretty much just like your first time online w/ COD4. When you reach LVL 55 and max out your EXP bar completely, you then get that choice to reset your weapon load out (sights, camo, the works....everything damnit), loose all the challenges you completed, to what you started online with and get a shiny medal to replace your 5 stars next to your name. You can do this up to 10 times. Just shows how hardcore you are. You are not awarded anything beneficial for this except for bragging rights. So make sure this what you want to do...because I dont want to see any complaints about 'prestige mode sucks because i have crap weapons again'

Next
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#2jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 9:35:26 PMmessage detail
Why can't I snipe the guy 2 feet in front of me with my sniper rifle or ACOG equiped weapon? The bullet goes right through him and doesnt kill him!!!

Maybe because sniping was meant to be done at long distances. Seriously, Infinity Ward (IW for short) has addressed the issue with the hit detection through the use of scoped weapons. The patch for this should be released some time next year (maybe someone else could give a release date?) Other than that, all you can do is practice a little more and take your time with your shots. Don't ***** about it because everyone will start pouring gasoline on your topic and then you know what happens next. Some people like sniping the way it is now. Me...it is broken, but it keeps the game interesting and not filled with snipers.
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#3theone25Posted 12/26/2007 9:38:35 PMmessage detail
Nice, Sticky please
---
PSN:theoneian
#4jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 9:40:15 PMmessage detail
What's with the 'Downloading Game Settings' message?...it stays there forever!!!

Typically this shouldnt stay on the screen for more than 20 seconds. If it does, then it more than likely means IW's servers are down or you can't connect to their servers. Keep this in mind that being on the Playstation Network and being connected to IW's servers for a game of COD4 are two completely different things. IW has posted within their site that you may need to open a port or two on your router to be able to connect and play. Consult their COD4 website for more information
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#5jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 9:47:29 PMmessage detail
I finally got into a game but I'm the only one there...then I waited for 45 minutes for people to join, then I got to play...what can I do to speed this up?

Ok...don't ever wait for 5 minutes, yet alone 45 minutes, to get your kill on. That is valuable time that is needed so you can get EXP. If you ever get into a room, you're by yourself, and waiting for people to join, leave the lobby and try to join a game again. Even if you end up in game by yourself AGAIN and AGAIN, rinse and repeat, you will get into a game eventually. It works for me and it will for you. And even if 2,3,4,5 people are waiting with you for more than 2 minutes, leave the lobby and try again. Life is too short to be waiting to die...lol
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#6jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 9:59:25 PMmessage detail
Why do people love Search and Destroy so much?

Search and Destroy is the true test of your tactical efficiency and accuracy. Never mock S&D! EVER!!!

Search and Destroy is actually pretty awesome to play if you have excellent communication and not a bunch of Rambos on your team. 50 EXP per kill...that's what....5 or 10 kills depending on what other modes your playing. When on the planting side, it is ideal for the whole team to stick together, which some people dont like to do and they play like it's Team Deathmatch, and pick the best destination to plant the bomb. When defending, it is ideal to split up into 2 teams and ONLY play defensively on the 2 points in question. Usually when someone goes hunting for the bomb planters, by themselves, they end up waiting 2-3 minutes to come back to life in the next round. I hate to say it, but when you are defending, pick idea 'camping' spots that cover door ways that you think the planting team is going to enter. Another thing to look for if your defending is who dropped the suitcase bomb. If you find them, then you can set up camp around the bomb, and wait for the other team to come straight to you.
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#7jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 10:17:43 PMmessage detail
What's a clan? I wanna be in a clan! Who will let me be in their clan? Oooo...can I be in your clan?

A Clan is a group of people that 'click' when they play together...click as in they have fun, welcome each other's company, and don't screw each other over...all while playing competetively against other people and clans. Most clans are recognized by their tag that is inbetween brackets like this for instance: [JUGY]Jermaine. If you're looking for a clan, you're on the right message board because lots of people are recruiting like School of Hard Knocks (SOHK), Invisible (INV), and Fallen Heroes. Me, im not really in a clan, kinda a loner, mercenary. I like playing with alot of different people, but when i find an awesome group with good communication to play with, we kick ass and take names. You should do the same, try different clans out and see which ones fit your personality and play level best

---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#8jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 10:25:11 PMmessage detail
What is camping? Should I bring smores stuff?

Uh no...there will be no kumbaya by this fire. Camping is where someone sits in one spot, hiding, for a good 5 minutes or whatever and waits for people to run by to shoot them...probably what alot of you guys will do for the first few days youre online, just so you can get your feet wet, which is fine by me, since we'll just find you and kill you each time since most of us know where the major camping spots are and there are kill cams too to prevent camping. Some people frown upon it, I know I do, but it just means we werent smart enough, or just thinking too hard about how we were going to kill you when we get back to that area
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#9jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 10:29:42 PMmessage detail
WHAT?! I unlocked all of these perks and weapons online, but I can't customize in split screen offline...HELP!!!

Yea, kinda stupid on the developers part...I really dont understand why they couldnt allow everything unlocked and customizable for offline split screen. But thats how it is. Stuff you unlocked online is for online only. Now go complain to IW to release a patch or something that allows offline customization.
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine
#10jbaker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2007 10:39:03 PMmessage detail
So are there any bots I can play against offline?

Nope, just yourself and whoever else is at your house. I remember the good ol' days of Duke Nukem and Turok Rage Wars where you did have bots to play against. Good times if you were by yourself, but you were always smarter than them, so developers started taking that option out.
---
Juggernaut baby!
PSN - Jermaine