Why the ProMod rules were built for whiny scrubs

#211finalken23Posted 8/18/2009 5:15:29 PM
Everyone knows your not the BEST every time you play...like HCTD = 30 kill and 0 deaths,luck is a random affect not an everlasting one...We all have good and bad days so get use to it,and don't complain about "noobs",just kill the "noobs"
#212Polarbear36Posted 8/18/2009 5:42:32 PM
fathom, i saw it was the name of one of your classes, then im like, "isnt that deflects gfaqs name?" lol
---
PSN | Shockwavve
[H||K] HavoK ProMod
#213RedZakuPosted 8/18/2009 5:57:08 PM
don't exactly want to get into a giant arguement, but promod does make the game more balanced. It takes out all perks. Since some perks like dead silence, martyrdom, and frag x3 can't be countered

Sure if you have no clue what the hell you're doing. But you counter Martyrdom by RUNNING AWAY. The second you hear the nade drop, run out of the room, sprint away, or duck behind cover. It's not that hard.

Frag x 3 can't be countered? Don't run at the start of levels to places you know will obviously get blind fragged. The same with Nube tubing. If you don't make a made dash to the sniper building in Crossfire you don't get hit by the Blind Frag/ Nube Tube that get's launched at the top of the road...

Dead Silence. You seriously can't counter Dead Silence? Claymore positioning at key entry points, to buildings, and just generally keeping your head on a swivel. It's not that hard is it? Hell, if you want the best counter walk around the whole map in Aim mode... That way you're instantly ready to lay down accurate fire the second you spot someone instead of taking that moment to aim, or risk missing in hardcore modes by shooting from the hip. You really should only be sprinting in wide open area's anyway.

[quote]it makes sense to take them out to make the game more fair.[/quote]

No it doesn't. Since they can be countered just by being aware of what the hell is going on.

[quote]It's like how juggernaut and stopping power cancel each other out. That makes both perks fair.[/quote]

>.> But just being aware of what the hell you're doing and who your killing is the counter to all 3 perks you just listed.... They are fair because you don't need a perk to counter them....
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more then the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#214MilanBarcaPosted 8/18/2009 6:23:09 PM
You can't counter Martyrdom when you're at half health running away from it and you bump into a random pole, or sprint right into the line of sight of three 74us eager for feeding. You can't counter Frag x3 when you run away from two only to run straight into a fresh new batch thrown all the way from across the map by another player. I don't even know wtf you were talking about w/ the whole dead silence claymore positioning ordeal, so I'm just going to ignore that.

You seem to have the notion that we ProMod players sucked ish in pubs and then ran to ProMod because public games were too hard for us or something. Umm.. no. I'm not trying to be cocky here but to be frank, the majority of ProMod players freaking own, and I'm sure they'll agree with me on that. FFS we treat ProMod, like Fathom said, as a different game mode, not a brand new game.

thedawgXD:
Listen, you seem like someone who has a good amount of intelligence, which is pretty rare here on GameFAQs tbqh, but I still don't understand what you're tying to achieve with this topic. If it was convincing people that the ProMod rules were built for whiny scrubs, then mission accomplished, but the only people you convinced were probably the ones who had never heard of, or were never even going to try, ProMod in the first place.

But I know that's not why you made this topic.

Every time somebody asks you what you're doing with this debate, you simply reply by saying that this constant blathering is discussion. Discussion. There are two sides in this battle: the ones who like ProMod (side A), the ones who don't (side B). Side A contributes to the discussion by saying that they like ProMod because blah blah blah. Side B contributes to the discussion by saying that they don't favor ProMod because blah blah blah. Really, where can this topic go anymore? Both sides are stubborn as a mule and won't change their mindsets anytime soon, so this looks like it's going to end up as a stalemate, w/ Side A still saying this and Side B still saying that. I respect your opinion and all, but IMHO this topic = closed until something else pertaining to the topic can be discussed. For example you previously said that you were working on a modified ProMod that would be better balanced for all. I would LOVE to see that, as we could discuss that and maybe agree on a few points. That topic by you about what real skill in CoD4 is was pretty damn good, and I can see where you're coming from, but we need something else to talk about, because this debate isn't going anywhere.
---
PSN: MilanBarca
HavoK Gaming H||K
#215RedZakuPosted 8/18/2009 6:58:23 PM
You can't counter Martyrdom when you're at half health running away from it and you bump into a random pole,

Who's fault is it you bumped into a random pole? The Nade or you for running into a pole?

or sprint right into the line of sight of three 74us eager for feeding.

Of course you successfully escaped Martyrdom. Again it's your fault for sprinting some place where you could get ambushed.... It's not martyrdom's fault....

[quote]You can't counter Frag x3 when you run away from two only to run straight into a fresh new batch thrown all the way from across the map by another player.[/quote]

Of course if that's the case nothing says it was 3 Frags from one person........ If you run into a bunch of Grenade Spam it's not necessarily from 3 x Frag so that's just a poor assumption on your part... And again, YOUR FAULT....

[quote]I don't even know wtf you were talking about w/ the whole dead silence claymore positioning ordeal, so I'm just going to ignore that.[/quote]

You have 2 x Claymore you plant them at entrances and if they get blown up you'll know because ALL Claymores make a distinctive clicking sound when they're tripped even when they're shot. You know someone's sneaking up on you if they go off and no one's dead.... You know common sense...

[quote]You seem to have the notion that we ProMod players sucked ish in pubs and then ran to ProMod because public games were too hard for us or something. Umm.. no.[/quote]

Yet you're claiming you can't counter 3 perks that are pretty easy to work around....

[quote]I'm not trying to be cocky here but to be frank, the majority of ProMod players freaking own, and I'm sure they'll agree with me on that. [/quote]

What ProMod Player would admit he's a scrub? that sort of defeats the point of the e-schlong concept. In which everyone freaking owns. That is until you play them.

[quote]FFS we treat ProMod, like Fathom said, as a different game mode, not a brand new game.[/quote]

How does that change the arrogant and often bull****comments made about how it makes the game fair, and or it's how CoD4 should have been? Or the insane suggestions made on the site that getting a lot of kills and playing well in pub matches is more the power of the weapon then they skill of the player? As alledged on your own site.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more then the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#216z0mg_SaVPosted 8/18/2009 7:11:43 PM
To the idiot above:

Are you implying that we suck in pubs?

lmao.

I bet you know Uchiha, right? He is the proclaimed king of GW and praised by a lot of people on here. I got the same kills as him twice in a GW match, knifing while he used M16. I was with a bunch of randoms, he had 2 of his friends with him, and I go 27 kills knifing in pubs and top my team. Ask 'em if you don't believe me.

What I'm trying to get at is, pubs are the easiest thing in the world. I go knife only and top my team. Pro mod is usually for experienced players, as is GB. If you suck, you won't do good in either.
---
Where.Amazing.Happens
My GT? I don't add randoms from GFAQ :)
#217MilanBarcaPosted 8/18/2009 7:19:18 PM

Who's fault is it you bumped into a random pole? The Nade or you for running into a pole?

The nade, because I don't bump into poles unless I'm frantically trying to get away from the nukes that are frags in this game.

Of course you successfully escaped Martyrdom. Again it's your fault for sprinting some place where you could get ambushed.... It's not martyrdom's fault....

When you only have one exit or option to escape Martyrdom then no, it's not your fault. Martyrdom puts you into unfair situations that you wouldn't have been in otherwise, but I'm not going to start another Martyrdom topic, so w/e.

Of course if that's the case nothing says it was 3 Frags from one person........ If you run into a bunch of Grenade Spam it's not necessarily from 3 x Frag so that's just a poor assumption on your part... And again, YOUR FAULT....

The fact that I assumed it was from one person has nothing to do with anything, I was just creating a common scenario. Quite a poor statement on your part. You say you carefully and tactically take methods to evade Frag x3. A shooter shouldn't be based on doing that.

You have 2 x Claymore you plant them at entrances and if they get blown up you'll know because ALL Claymores make a distinctive clicking sound when they're tripped even when they're shot. You know someone's sneaking up on you if they go off and no one's dead.... You know common sense...

Only if you camp. You're completely ignoring other play styles, which is pretty ignorant.

Yet you're claiming you can't counter 3 perks that are pretty easy to work around....

I'm not saying we can't counter those 3 perks, I'm saying that we shouldn't have to.

What ProMod Player would admit he's a scrub? that sort of defeats the point of the e-schlong concept. In which everyone freaking owns. That is until you play them.

You're generalizing ProMod players as elitists. And you generally don't find bad players in ProMod, because they perform quite badly there. I wonder why.

How does that change the arrogant and often bull****comments made about how it makes the game fair, and or it's how CoD4 should have been? Or the insane suggestions made on the site that getting a lot of kills and playing well in pub matches is more the power of the weapon then they skill of the player? As alledged on your own site.

It doesn't, I'm referring to how people say we're trying to recreate CoD4. If somebody says it's how CoD4 should've been, then yes, they are arrogant. Also, I won't start another pointless argument, but tell me how it doesn't make the game fair. All you do is say how pubs are fair enough, but you won't actually state what makes ProMod so unfair.

I have no idea what website you're referring to, so next time give a source for your information. Anyway, if the site says that pubs are based off of weapon choice over skill then they flat-out have no idea what they're talking about. That's like saying somebody w/ a low degree of skill w/ an M16 will beat out xcaliz0rz w/ a MP44, which isn't the case whatsoever.
---
PSN: MilanBarca
HavoK Gaming H||K
#218thedawgXD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2009 7:51:48 PM
"You can't counter Martyrdom when you're at half health running away from it and you bump into a random pole, or sprint right into the line of sight of three 74us eager for feeding. You can't counter Frag x3 when you run away from two only to run straight into a fresh new batch thrown all the way from across the map by another player. I don't even know wtf you were talking about w/ the whole dead silence claymore positioning ordeal, so I'm just going to ignore that."

As a strategic or tactical game, there should never be any 'countering', at least the way you and fireworks seem to be describing it. This isn't like Pokemon, where every monster has a weakness and get's double damage; that's a poor mans strategy. Anybody remotely competent can see an ice monster and say: "Hey, let's cast fire on it" for double damage. Does fire counter ice? Sure, but that's simple.

Take the most successful and widely played game of all time: chess. You have six different pieces with six different ways to move, all unique. There are no tried and true countering where you simply throw one piece at another and win; the way to 'counter' someone's is by innately understanding each pieces movements and capabilities as they pertain to the situation. Saying there's no counter for every martyrdom situation is like saying you want to go play rock-paper-scissors. You have to figure out a way to avoid, ignore, or counter an aspect as it is thrown at you. And sometimes, no matter what you do, you're going to lose, so the idea is to find the loss that's least damaging for you; even then, that can't be possible, but you can chalk it down to your bad performance.

If you get stuck on a wall, that's your fault. If you get quadruple fragged, well, it's not like four players are going to spin around in a circle with their eyes closed and all throw it at you; maybe they saw all the red dots on the radar, or maybe they saw you, which is entirely your fault. Their smart decision to use grenades as the method of attack, based on the specific situation and the properties of the tools they have to use against you (just like in chess) should be rewarded.

"You seem to have the notion that we ProMod players sucked ish in pubs and then ran to ProMod because public games were too hard for us or something. Umm.. no. I'm not trying to be cocky here but to be frank, the majority of ProMod players freaking own, and I'm sure they'll agree with me on that. FFS we treat ProMod, like Fathom said, as a different game mode, not a brand new game."

If this is directed at me:

My notion is that ProMod players, elitist Halo 3 trolls or MLG proponents, have a misguided idea of what takes skill and automatically shun anything remotely annoying that kills them. In the end, if all the really good players actually got together and played the regular rules, over and over again against each other, kind of like what they do with shipment 1vs1s, they'd realize the regular rules take more skill than ProMod.

Pub matches are mostly pretty bad because the majority of players are casuals, and that's why when Sav goes around saying reg rules suck because he can get such and such in pubs using noobish set-ups like an M16A4+RDS+Stunx3+SP+SA, I laugh because that's what I do in pubs too. Pubs are for casuals, no doubt about that. But I just want to point out one thing: what's the difference between everyone running around with, let's say, AK47u+RDS+Fragx3+SP+SA, as in a 'pub party', and everyone running around with AK47u+naked+no perks, as in 'ProMod'? If there are certain noob combos that you want to get rid of that everyone uses, and you remove so much from the game that everyone is still going to use the exact same things anyways, what have you accomplished? Nothing.
---
PSN DjinnFor
"Simple rule to fight by: If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." -jasoncaric
#219thedawgXD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2009 7:52:08 PM
"thedawgXD:
Listen, you seem like someone [...] in the first place.
"

I need to save some space. I'll concede what you wrote here.

"I respect your opinion and all, but IMHO this topic = closed until something else pertaining to the topic can be discussed."

I agree with you. At the 151 mark and the 201 mark I wrote /topic, because this topic is going nowhere fast.

"For example you previously said that you were working on a modified ProMod that would be better balanced for all. I would LOVE to see that, as we could discuss that and maybe agree on a few points."

I'm almost done the bulk of it, so give me a bit longer. I'm trying to iron out a lot of bad stuff before I go ahead and say it's better than ProMod. But expect it soon.

"That topic by you about what real skill in CoD4 is was pretty damn good, and I can see where you're coming from,"

Thanks.

"but we need something else to talk about, because this debate isn't going anywhere."

Fair enough. I'll agree it hasn't changed much since around post 100. I'm just trying to see how far this thing will actually go, and that's why I'm still here. It's been getting 'sparks' of 5 or 6 posts of discussion broken up by savage-minded trolls rampaging all over the place for 40 or so posts.
---
PSN DjinnFor
"Simple rule to fight by: If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." -jasoncaric
#220Uchiha_HaiPosted 8/18/2009 7:53:40 PM
Savvy boy I hope you know knifing is nothing man...you used Jammer buddy nobody looks at where their going. I stare at the radar 24/7 guy lol
---
GT: xWiZa