COD4 problem awaiting keycode authorization

#1darksleuthPosted 1/25/2008 9:25:32 AM

Hi,

I have Call of Duty 4 installed with the 1.4 patch.

For some reason I keep getting the "Awaiting key code authorization" message and the timer counts to 10 and times out giving an error.

I have used the console to increase the timer to 30 and 60 seconds but still nothing.

I have reinstalled the game and it connects first time but when I restart the computer it times out giving the same message.

I reinstalled it again in a different folder and again it works but after I restart the PC I get the same message and it times out.

Hoping you can provide a solution.

Thank you.

#2jtb1924Posted 1/25/2008 10:01:23 AM
I'm pretty sure it means the server you're trying to connect to is password protected. Try joining a different server.
---
"To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." -Woody Allen
#3TheHouseofHadesPosted 1/25/2008 12:00:02 PM

No, I get that all the time too. It happens even on servers I've gotten into before. Plus I filtered out all the password protected servers in the server browser.

I don't have a clue what causes it. One article said something about changing the preference order of any network adapters, but I tried that and it made no difference.

#4spank_1973Posted 1/25/2008 12:19:05 PM

I've had the same problem today, though it might of been a Windows defender update, but did a system restore to before that & it made no difference

I'm running

Vista64 & Norton 2007

Do you guys have the same programs (I remember a Norton update that caused a conflict with CoD1 ages ago)

#5REDMECHSPosted 1/25/2008 1:34:27 PM
ive started having the same problem for the past 2 days and as far as i know, ive changed no setttings or anything, help we get the answer soon :<
---
Oblitorator/lv161/RAmar/Whitill/ONLINE!/100%Legit/750+HR's
#6darksleuth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 5:08:13 PM

For no reason it came back on tonight...which is good:)

#7GC PenguinPosted 1/25/2008 7:27:46 PM
When I get this, restarting the game has solved it.
---
www.darkpenguin929.deviantart.com
#8ashr4fPosted 1/25/2008 10:16:44 PM
i get that too sometimes...it turns out when i open my task manager..the process svchost.exe was taking so much ram due to heavy internet activity..but after i restart my comp..things get back to normal..
#9slicer27Posted 1/26/2008 3:24:44 AM
Hey,

I am also having this same problem, I have not been able to get a server listing for 2 days, can't connect via ip as I get the 'Awaiting key co....' and then times out. I bought and built a new PC and thought it maybe something to do with that but it looks like its happening to too many people for it to be a coincidence. I never had this problem on my old machine.

Hope we find a fix soon.
#10_x_Phoenix_x_Posted 1/26/2008 6:47:53 AM
played fine yesterday, not working today. i think its a cod4 problem, not a client prob.
---
Over & Over & Over & Over & Over, Like A Monkey With A Minature Cymbal.