Setting up a LAN server?

#1CloudizmePosted 1/27/2008 11:26:32 PM
I wanted to play a little 1v1 with someone over LAN, but when I set up a new server, it pops up "CoD4 Console".
The console scrolls some scripting and whatnot, and it just hangs there after it stops scrolling. I figured it would do that, and then pop back up CoD4 with me in the server, but now I'm just confused.

Can anyone help me? I'm a little confused as to what exactly is happening. Thanks.

Here is the backwash from the CoD4 Console, just incase it's important.

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_nonshock' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_voice' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_local' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_local2' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_ambient' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_hurt' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player1' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player2' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_music' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_musicnopause' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_mission' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_announcer' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'
WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_shellshock' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

PunkBuster Server: pb_sv_GuidRelax = 7 (0 to 7)
Hitch warning: 4193 msec frame time

---
PCs are ONLY for casual gamers who just want to play solitaire or minesweeper while they surf the net. -LordoftheNukes ---Sig officially stolen from Trick75
#2CrazyIvan87Posted 1/28/2008 2:41:53 PM

I think itīs because you have created a dedicated server, just look in "Start a server" and the third button it says "Dedicated" Just turn that one to "no" and it should be fine...

/CrazyIvan