Prime Material Dragon

#1Altercation666Posted 1/31/2008 3:59:12 PM
Who here thinks that Prime Material Dragon will be as overused as Light & Darkness Dragon
---
Cards Missing in Tag Force 2 - Rivalry of Warlords, Kaiser Coliseum, Super Junior Confrontation & Pyro Clock of Destiny
#2Altercation666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 4:00:32 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Material_Dragon
---
Cards Missing in Tag Force 2 - Rivalry of Warlords, Kaiser Coliseum, Super Junior Confrontation & Pyro Clock of Destiny
#3StarGeminiPosted 1/31/2008 4:35:15 PM
It is alright but nowhere near as good as Light and Darkness, more like something to go along with it.

Most of the time discarding is a very very bad thing, it limits what you can do in comming turns no matter how good the effect you think you are getting is.
#4tazman_8806Posted 1/31/2008 4:55:55 PM
I like it more than L&DD, personally, still wouldn't fit into the decks I create, too slow.
---
Death: "Peter Frampton I've come for you."
Peter Frampton: "No! I'm too young to die, shouldn't you be at Keith Richard's house?"
#5Waffle148Posted 1/31/2008 6:21:29 PM
It would need to be in the right deck, since like StarGemini said, discarding is a bad thing. In a deck that can maintain a good hand advantage would be able to work wonders with this card.
#6The_True_RulerPosted 1/31/2008 7:07:54 PM
I don't know what Light And Darkness Dragon is? Can someone post a link? like with the Prime Material Dragon. I prolly know the card but not by name.
---
The Shadows are nothing in the face of true darkness!- Orez Takanashi - The Dark Emperor.
#7Altercation666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 7:32:50 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Gallery:Light_and_Darkness_Dragon
---
#8DragonOsirisPosted 1/31/2008 10:04:26 PM
Why would it be overused at all??? It's nothing THAT great...

PTDN-EN087
Prime Material Dragon
Light/Dragon/6/2400/2000
Any effect that would inflict damage to a player's Life Points increases their Life Points by the same amount instead. When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) on the field is activated, you can send 1 card form your hand to the Graveyard to negate its activation and destroy it.

YG01-EN001
Light and Darkness Dragon
Light/Dragon/8/2800/2400
This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field its Attribute is also treated as DARK. When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control and Special Summon that monster.

....you can't possibly compare the 2 to eachother. Prime Material Dragon is basically a reversal of Bad Reaction to Simochi and a built in My Body as a Shield with a discard cost rather than LP payment. I could see SOME use...but OVERuse??? Not a chance.
#9Super Saiyan GehanPosted 2/1/2008 10:52:06 AM
Good side deck against Burn
---
You're just one bowl of Ramen away from the toilet
Randomness to the 100%
#10yeeesanninPosted 2/1/2008 11:01:46 AM
Actually no it wouldn't. People don't use plain burn anymore, they use 2 different types.

1. Comic Odyssey ~it uses Skill Drain to prevent things like this and Des Wombat, and of coarse the monarchs
2. Baboon Burn ~if it's not burning you with Just Deserts or anything like that you can easily switch to offensive and kill the dragon with Green Baboon