How to change the character name?

#1IlieAndrewPosted 6/16/2008 8:43:02 AM
Please anybody tell me how to use CwCheat and change the name character for the saves (like Seto save on Eu version).
#2Cobra1010Posted 6/16/2008 9:17:25 AM
u cant change it. If u have cwcheat, just make a new profile and use it to get all the cards.
#3_Drago_Posted 6/16/2008 10:43:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4_Drago_Posted 6/16/2008 11:06:11 AM
Actually you can change it with CWCheat.

After searching through my archives, I found a little tutorial on how to change your name. Unfortunately, I do not know the who the author is, and I do not take credit for creating this guide.

How to Change Your Name Using CWCheat

- Load your game
- Open CWCheat
- Go to 'Cheat Searcher'
- Go to 'Memory Editor'

If you're not familiar with the screen here is what you are looking at. On the far left is the address you are looking at. Next to that, in the middle, you are seeing the game memory in HEXIDECIMAL and on the right side is the same information translated into ASCII (text).

Go to the area near address 02BEF65 (press the 'R' button the skip faster) and look at the right hand side for your name in plain text.

- Go to the first letter of your name by using the directional keys and press X so you can edit it.
- Press up and down to the change the value to the letter you want. Use ASCII values: A=41, Z=5A, a=61, z=7A, <space>=20
- Press X to commit the change
- Repeat the steps above, changing each alternating byte to the letter you want.. MAKE SURE that you leave '00' value between each letter and at the end.
- When you are done, Press CIRCLE repeatedly to exit CWCheat and go to your 'Status' screen in the game to confirm your name is changed.
- IMPORTANT: Play your game for a few minutes to ensure that you didn't mess anything up before saving it. If you don't do this right and you save it, then kiss your save data bye-bye.

- You can create a name up to 14 characters long before the game starts truncating it. Normally, you can only create a name up to 8 characters long, so doing it this way allows you to create names you cannot normally make.

For a mapping of which Hexidecimal values map to which ASCII letters see this site:

http://www.asciitable.com/

The columns that are important for the purposes of this tutorial are the 'Hx' (hexidecimal) and 'Chr' (ascii character) columns. Not every character can be used in your name and you should stick to characters that are normally available in the PSP 'keyboard/keypad' thing.

Note: I know that the value the name is found at may be different for the European version, but if you look along the right side, you should see it come up. Just be sure to test the game before saving it, or try backing up the save on your computer before attempting this.
---
The most disturbing creatures ever...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_BvrtuxAI
#5IlieAndrew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2008 11:09:04 AM
i know this thing, but it is easiest to change just a character name rather than make a new profile and modify with n rows of commands
#6IlieAndrew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2008 11:10:43 AM
thanks very much, this is the real guide
#7IlieAndrew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2008 12:06:00 PM

_Drago_ posted...
Actually you can change it with CWCheat.

After searching through my archives, I found a little tutorial on how to change your name. Unfortunately, I do not know the who the author is, and I do not take credit for creating this guide.

How to Change Your Name Using CWCheat

- Load your game
- Open CWCheat
- Go to 'Cheat Searcher'
- Go to 'Memory Editor'

If you're not familiar with the screen here is what you are looking at. On the far left is the address you are looking at. Next to that, in the middle, you are seeing the game memory in HEXIDECIMAL and on the right side is the same information translated into ASCII (text).

Go to the area near address 02BEF65 (press the 'R' button the skip faster) and look at the right hand side for your name in plain text.

- Go to the first letter of your name by using the directional keys and press X so you can edit it.
- Press up and down to the change the value to the letter you want. Use ASCII values: A=41, Z=5A, a=61, z=7A, =20
- Press X to commit the change
- Repeat the steps above, changing each alternating byte to the letter you want.. MAKE SURE that you leave '00' value between each letter and at the end.
- When you are done, Press CIRCLE repeatedly to exit CWCheat and go to your 'Status' screen in the game to confirm your name is changed.
- IMPORTANT: Play your game for a few minutes to ensure that you didn't mess anything up before saving it. If you don't do this right and you save it, then kiss your save data bye-bye.

- You can create a name up to 14 characters long before the game starts truncating it. Normally, you can only create a name up to 8 characters long, so doing it this way allows you to create names you cannot normally make.

For a mapping of which Hexidecimal values map to which ASCII letters see this site:

http://www.asciitable.com/

The columns that are important for the purposes of this tutorial are the 'Hx' (hexidecimal) and 'Chr' (ascii character) columns. Not every character can be used in your name and you should stick to characters that are normally available in the PSP 'keyboard/keypad' thing.

Note: I know that the value the name is found at may be different for the European version, but if you look along the right side, you should see it come up. Just be sure to test the game before saving it, or try backing up the save on your computer before attempting this.
---

On the Europe Version is not 02BEF65. On Cw Cheat, on search value i have just 1 ressult: 50022, but this code(adress) doesn't exist. I don't know how to find the correct adress (and to found with my eyes take me at least 1 day)

#8WR_BluePosted 6/16/2008 3:03:47 PM
If you can't find the exact address on EU version, I recommend doing search for fixed value (32-bit) for your DP number or EXP number.

Note the addresses, it's usually the first code that shows up, but not always. Check the codes with memory editor, the values that determine character and team name should be very close to the DP/EXP values.
#9_Drago_Posted 6/17/2008 7:11:04 AM
On the Europe Version is not 02BEF65.

This was in my note; you did not read carefully.

Do what WR_Blue said, and look for your current team's name in the ASCII. The location of the player's name is usually close by.
---