Exterminator is not possible

#1The_N8dogPosted 1/10/2008 1:06:59 PM
I have 4 achievements left to get:
Level 12
the 2 co-op ones
and exterminator.

I have tried numerous times, and even on my best attempts, there are still at least 10 bugs left....Sooo frustrating. Oh, well. At least I can keep my quarters now. I think this game was created as a coin-op that would force you to pump in quarters every 3 minutes.
---
Every state but Hawaii is producing milk with pus levels so high that it shouldn’t be in the food supply! (1 - 7 pus drops per glass) ~Fact~ www.notmilk.com
#2LansOperatorPosted 1/10/2008 6:13:17 PM
I can't get it either. It's a toughy.

---
Life would be so much easier if I had the source code.
Crtl+W... I love a good bookmark!
#3warriorofspartaPosted 1/10/2008 9:32:54 PM
agrred. I actually got to 2 spiders left but the timer ran out
#4LansOperatorPosted 1/11/2008 9:58:07 AM
I've been that close too, but then you have to think that ya you actually have to kill those two and then get to the tower still... I hope a vid pops up on youtube or something soon cuz this one is driving me crazy.

---
#5The_N8dog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2008 8:57:26 PM
It can't even be done without getting in the tower. That achievement is bunk. They should at least test it first to make sure it is possible to do. Whatever...Not a big deal
---
Every state but Hawaii is producing milk with pus levels so high that it shouldn’t be in the food supply! (1 - 7 pus drops per glass) ~Fact~ www.notmilk.com
#6Rodni_DementalPosted 1/13/2008 3:41:32 PM
I got it last night, one thing you should know is you don't need to be on default settings for that one. I cleared the right side, then the left and then moved to the top.

I think there is a bit of luck involved though, along with precise shooting. The time I got it, sure I did well, but I was lucky enough for the last few to not multiply as much as normal and I was able to get it with 50 left on the score counter.
---
XBL Gamertag new and old: Rodni Demental/Retired Rodni
PS3 ID: Rodni_Demental
#7LansOperatorPosted 1/16/2008 11:21:53 AM
Wow man that's pretty impressive. You give me some hope so I think I might attempt it again... lol

---
#8Squall91402Posted 1/25/2008 11:31:59 AM
I think luck is the main thing in this whole thing. I've tried changing the difficulty setting down to 1 since you don't have to be on default settings and it doesn't seem to matter. Sometimes they spawn so much that I don't even make it to the top. One day, I suppose my luck will work...
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Tyler Durden
#9nbStrykerPosted 1/26/2008 11:20:05 PM
I can get all the bugs on the right, and the top....just not nearly quick enough (and with them multiplying) I have about 10-12 bugs left everytime i finish the level....

What was the strategy used to get down to 2 bugs?

---
Currently Playing -- Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band and (a lot less now) Tiger Woods 2008. THANKS A LOT HARMONIX!!
#10WykedPosted 1/28/2008 12:30:27 PM

just to note: it is very possible to do, but is kind of difficult

you dont need to kill all the bugs AND make it to the tower. when the last bug on a grid level is gone, the game gives you the win and auto drags you to the end.