User...seriously?

#1Underminer411Posted 1/21/2008 8:24:32 AM
Has anyone gotten this one? How close has everyone else gotten?

I got to level 5 once...and got dominated...HARD!

Level 12 seems like it's nothing but a pipe dream.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/Underminer411.png
Currently Playing: The Simpsons Game & Assassin's Creed
#2LansOperatorPosted 1/21/2008 8:48:26 AM
Don't even bother, lmao.

---
Life would be so much easier if I had the source code.
Crtl+W... I love a good bookmark!
#3El_SkuttoPosted 1/21/2008 9:11:30 AM
Dude, just getting to level 3 is frustrating the hell out of me. I can get through all the challenges fine up until the lightcycles. Having three opponents at once, plus the horrible controls which end up missing half the directional inputs I make is usually enough to kill off all my remaining lives.

And don't even get me started on the Exterminator achievement...
---
XBL Gamertag: El Skutto
**The cake is a pie**
#4Underminer411(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2008 9:58:24 AM
Zemo,

Check out youtube and put in "Tron arcade". There are strategies for levels 1-5. This includes lightcycle levels. With the help of the videos, I win levels 1-3 of the lightcycle game every time by doing the same technique for the respective levels. You'll probably laugh when you see level 3 play out. If done properly, the enemies will kill themselves within half a second of one another.

Notes: I always use controller setup C in the options menu, and I NEVER use the D-pad in this game.

Hope it helps.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/Underminer411.png
Currently Playing: The Simpsons Game & Assassin's Creed
#5El_SkuttoPosted 1/23/2008 6:57:47 AM
Thanks, Underminer, I'll check those out. I've since changed to controller configuration C and it certainly makes the grid bugs, tanks and MCP easier to beat, but the poor controller response with the lightcycles is still a problem. It's not that I can't defeat them, it's that the controller usually ends up missing at least one input every single time I play that level, causing me to die.

I played the crap out of this game when it first came out in the arcades, and had no problems getting to the fifth level back then. But the poor controls are really getting to me with this version.
---
XBL Gamertag: El Skutto
**The cake is a pie**
#6Rodni_DementalPosted 2/16/2008 1:38:08 AM
See my advice from the other topic. :)
---
XBL Gamertag new and old: Rodni Demental/Retired Rodni
PS3 ID: Rodni_Demental