Achievement Advise...

#1nbStrykerPosted 1/25/2008 10:12:52 PM
It looks like most of you have just a couple to go to finish this game off.

I'm looking for advice when it comes to some of the harder achievements....

Block Blaster - So, how do you destroy all the blocks? They seem to recreate as they wrap around and come cycle back from left to right....am i wrong on this?

High Score - What level should I expect to have to get to to attain this high score? (I know it will depend somewhat on how many blocks/bugs/etc. that I kill along the way)

Obviously having trouble with the level based ones, though I'm sure practice makes perfect, but level 12???? Any advice from those who made it that far would be great...

Thanks so much!!
---
Currently Playing -- Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band and (a lot less now) Tiger Woods 2008. THANKS A LOT HARMONIX!!
#2Snaven_ShakePosted 1/27/2008 12:03:10 AM
1. Start out by shooting straight up. Then move to the right side of the screen and shoot at about 75 degree angle. You'll get it eventually.

2. Level 3 pretty much. Not too hard, I did it on my 4th or 5th time getting that far. Avoid the Tank Level though.

3. Don't bother?
#3El_SkuttoPosted 1/28/2008 7:47:49 AM
For Block Buster, start off by shooting a 2x3 path through the blocks before they wrap over to the right side. Obviously, it's easier to start from the far left and just follow the blocks, shooting directly upwards until you've cleared your path. Then, move over to the far left and just wait for that path to reappear above you. The second the second row of cleared blocks appears, press up as fast as you can so that you enter the cone before the cubes move once more and kill you.
---
XBL Gamertag: El Skutto
#4nbStryker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2008 4:56:13 PM
Got the Block Blaster....finally!!!

Just can't seem to pull out the score needed to get the high score, having trouble with the tanks on level 3. I'm sure that I'll get the level 4 and high score achievement on the same game at this point....
---
Currently Playing -- Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band and (a lot less now) Tiger Woods 2008. THANKS A LOT HARMONIX!!
#5El_SkuttoPosted 1/29/2008 7:56:28 AM
When playing tanks, remember that your shots can ricochet off walls. So, never face a tank directly, just keep moving around and firing shots around corners and you should have no problems. Now if only there was a way to improve the control of the lightcycles, I'd be golden.
---
XBL Gamertag: El Skutto
#6Rodni_DementalPosted 2/16/2008 2:35:16 AM
For level 12, play on an emulator, use saves and memorize the patterns. That's what I did and I got it after 8 hours.

Have fun.
---
XBL Gamertag new and old: Rodni Demental/Retired Rodni
PS3 ID: Rodni_Demental