This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to play Dissidia online through Ad-Hoc Party (guide).

#1Triple483Posted 2/28/2010 8:10:35 AMmessage detail
I've decided to put this here since no one comes to the Online Board (and the ones that do can't read). So here goes:

This FAQ/guide is to help aspiring Dissidia players who want to test their skills online through Ad-Hoc Party.

1) What is Adhoc Party?
-It’s an app for PS3 that allows PSP adhoc titles to be played by tapping into the PS3’s wired connection and the PSP’s
wireless connection.

2) Sounds cool. What do I need?

Well for starters:

-A Wi-Fi enabled (as in, anything above 20GB) PS3 connected through an Ethernet cable. Sorry, but if your PS3 is connected through wireless then AHP is out of the question. This is due to the fact that the PS3’s Wi-Fi is used for the PSP.

YOU CANNOT CONNECT YOUR PSP TO YOUR PS3 VIA USB CABLE

-A PSP

-A Playstation Network Account

-The Ad-Hoc Party app (found in the Playstation Store under PSP add-ons)

3) Do I need to enable Remote Play for my PS3 and PSP?

Nope. Ad Hoc Party takes care of everything.

4) Alright, I have everything and I just download AHP of the PS store. How do I work this thing?

At Adhoc Party’s title screen, you’ll see 4 options. These include

Start– This sends you in to look for a lobby.

Go to – This allows you to find a lobby based on certain conditions (history, where people on your friends list are currently playing, bookmarked lobbies, etc.)

Search For Game – Adhoc party searches for your PSP and the game you’re currently playing. After finding them, it lets you search all worlds for someone that is playing the same game.

Information – Connects to the Adhoc Party website through the PS3’s Web Browser. It doesn’t work for some reason.

Assuming that this is your first time using AHP, you’ll want to go to Search for Game and have AHP spot your PSP. To do this, you’ll need to go the “searching for players/ games” screen on any Adhoc –enabled PSP game. In Dissidia’s case, this would be any of the Online Lobbies.

Did your PSP’s name pop up? Yes? Good. We’re almost done.

5) Alright, it sees my PSP and now I’ve selected a world and lobby. What’s with all the houses?

Those are rooms, one of which you’ll probably be joining soon. The controls are shown at the bottom of the screen. To join a room, use the Left Analog Stick to move the cursor over a house. Once you have one highlighted, press X and you’ll see three things:

Name of room
Number of players/4
Comments about the room

Go to “enter room”.

6) Nice, I’m in! There’s another guy in here as well. How do we play?

This is where your PSP comes into the spotlight. Assuming you’re playing Dissidia, go to the Online Lobby (99.98% of Dissidia players use Cornelia). The PSP on the AHP screen should light up, as will your opponents when they join Cornelia.
After a few moments, your opponent should show up in the Cornelia Lobby alongside you in Dissidia. Challenge them and get ready to fight!

7) There’s no one in this lobby playing Dissidia. What do I do now?

Looks like you’ll have to host. This is done by moving the cursor over any unoccupied space and selecting “Create Room”. From here, you’ll have a series of options:

Room Name – A good name in this case would be something like “Dissidia”
Comment – A description of the room you’re making, whether you want to play by a certain ruleset or mention any miscellaneous details.
Password – Allows you to set a Password
Voice Chat Setting – Determines whether or not Voice Chat will be available
Search Setting – Determines whether or not the game will be available for search.

Once you’ve finished with the settings go to Create Room at the bottom. And now we play the waiting game… (Or you could just play your PSP).

*CONTINUED IN NEXT POST*
---
PSN:Miller483
XBL GT: Miller4834
#2Triple483(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2010 8:11:36 AMmessage detail
Now that you’re hosting a room, you have access to some additional options by pressing Triangle. These include:

Edit Comment –Allows you to make changes to the comment entered for the room
Open/Close Room – Allows you to close the room, preventing additional players from joining (seeing as Dissidia is only 2 players, this is a wise thing to do once someone joins).
Kick – Allows you to remove a player(s) from your room. Once you do this they cannot reenter.

8) Misc. Details:

-World D Lobby 01 is considered the “main” Dissidia Room. However, it can be pretty dead at times. Other than that World A lobbies 1,2, and 3 are usually the busiest.

-In case you’re wondering there are 3 DFF rulesets that are used on Adhoc Party mainly. These include:
Anything Goes: Everything is allowed.

6999 rule: No Equipment, Accessories, or Summons. No EX counter nor Burst. EX guard OK.

KAoS (Kick Ass or Surrender):

- Imp’s Blessing Equipment Set (Impartisan, Tortoise Shield, Saucer, Reed Cloak) only.

- DEF+4 (equip 2 Orange Drop and an Orange Gem, but no other accessories besides those).

- May only have either Counterattack or Sneak Attack, but not both at the same time (the rest of the critical boosters are fair game). Disables (disable Sneak Attack, etc.) are banned (that’s where the DEF+4 comes in)

-No EX counter is allowed, and you are allowed 1 EX Burst.

NOTE: It’s best to assume that all rooms are Anything Goes unless stated otherwise.

-Set your PSP’s Ad-hoc channel to 1. This can be done under the PSP’s network settings. After that, set AHP’s ad-hoc channel to 1 (when in a lobby, presses select and goes to Channel. Pick ch1.).

-To reduce lag, stay near your PS3 when playing, and find someone in/near your area (East/West Coast, etc.)

-There may be times where you cannot see your opponent in the lobby, even though you’re both connected. As far as I’m concerned, there is nothing neither you nor your opponent can do about it besides finding another opponent.
---
#3Pokefan362Posted 2/28/2010 8:49:56 AMmessage detail
I do refer some people to your topic sometime....but better to put it here! Nice work. Lemme try requesting a sticky.
---
PSN: Fun4Sean
Dissidia Mains: Terra, Kuja Secondaries: Golbez, Ultimecia, Emperor
#4Deathblade2009Posted 2/28/2010 8:56:23 AMmessage detail
How do you request a sticky? and if more than one person requests will the chances of the stick go up?
---
Ness threw away the cookie...
...and took the cookie. Wait isnt that a bit redundant? Oh well the cookie only heals 6 life.
#5Triple483(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2010 9:07:56 AMmessage detail

How do you request a sticky? and if more than one person requests will the chances of the stick go up?

go to Message Detail for the first post > Request for Sticky.

And I'm sure more people will increase the chances, so request away!
---
#6Deathblade2009Posted 2/28/2010 9:14:27 AMmessage detail
It is a good guide, I did read it, i actually like the idea of it being here to slow down some Ad hoc questions... i do have one question though, if you get a wireless adapter would you be able to play ad hoc with a wireless connection since it would have 2 then?
---
...and took the cookie. Wait isnt that a bit redundant? Oh well the cookie only heals 6 life.
#7Triple483(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2010 9:16:20 AMmessage detail

i do have one question though, if you get a wireless adapter would you be able to play ad hoc with a wireless connection since it would have 2 then?

Yes, but you'd need Xlink Kai rather than Ad-Hoc Party.
---
#8Deathblade2009Posted 2/28/2010 9:22:51 AMmessage detail
i actually ment with ad hoc i do have it i was wondering for people who complain that they dont have the wired stuff
---
#9Bane_Of_DespairPosted 2/28/2010 10:09:30 AMmessage detail
Good guide =D

I went on for the first time and it was cool. Maybe this will be sticky'ed in this board
---
o_O Successful troll is successful
#10halo2urfacePosted 2/28/2010 10:17:24 AMmessage detail
is there a way to get online without a ps3?