An Augment guide for those who always want more *SPOILERS*

#261FierypawPosted 12/15/2010 8:12:08 PMmessage detail
Hmm, I'm really liking someddrnoob's augment set-up, but I've already started SB Allen's one for the first playthrough. Also, I've farmed for tails so I'm not starting over...is it too late to convert?
#262FierypawPosted 12/15/2010 8:33:14 PMmessage detail
I quickly went through and got a list of differences between SBAllen and someddrnoob's augment guides...

SBAllen / Someddrnoob

First Playthrough
-Tsunami: Tellah / Edge
-Twincast (x2): Cecil and Rosa / Cecil and Tellah
-Bluff: Rydia / Tellah
-Bardsong: Tellah / Fusoya
-Fast Talker: Rydia / Rosa
-Inferno: Fusoya / Edge
-Brace: Cecil / Rydia

Second Playthrough
-Limit Break. Kain / Cecil
-Curse: Give to Cid / Kain
-Twincast (x2): Kain and Rydia / Kain and Rosa
-Bluff: Edge / Rydia
-Fast Talker: Rosa / Cecil
-Draw Attacks: Edge / Kain
-Adrenaline: Kain / Cecil
-Gil Farmer: Whomever / Cid
-Brace: Rosa / Edge

Third Playthrough
-Limit Break. Rydia / Kain
-Counter: Rydia / Kain
-Tsunami: Edge / Kain
-Twincast: Edge / Edge and Rydia
-Hide: Rosa / Rydia
-Last Stand: Rosa / Rydia
-Whirlwind: Kain / Rydia
-Adrenaline: Rydia / Kain
-Darkness: Give to Rydia / Edge
#263FierypawPosted 12/20/2010 1:16:25 AMmessage detail
Ehh, sorted out already. Sorry for the triple post...
#264IncronautPosted 1/12/2011 11:04:30 AMmessage detail
i just read action's FAQ about who to give a limit break to.. and i also read the topic GauRocks set up about why he decided on Cecil/Rydia for Limit breaks... but i didnt quite understand.. what was the reasoning for giving the Limit Break to Rydia over Kain? from the FAQ it seemed pretty convincing that Kain was the better option
#265RossmacdaddyPosted 8/19/2011 1:23:48 PMmessage detail
Finally came up with a Stat Maxing setup I'm happy with, and felt like sharing. As with many of these setups, creative use of Auto-Battle is required. :)

Kain
Lvls 71-99 - ????'s Love
Lvls 71-99 - Piercing Magic
Lvls 71-99 - Omnicasting
Lvls 71-86 - Inferno
Lvls 87-99 - MP+50%

Also adds +290 HP and a whopping +500 MP to Kain's final HP/MP total.

Rosa
Lvls 71-99 - Whirlwind
Lvls 71-99 - Tsunami
Lvls 71-99 - Inferno
Lvls 71-90 - Dualcast
Lvls 91-99 - Salve (or any +1 Spd Augment)

Also adds +535 MP to Rosa's MP total (like she needs it...).

Cecil
Lvls 71-99 - Attack (Can sub out for Level Lust / Treasure Hunter)
Lvls 71-99 - Limit Break
Lvls 71-99 - Whirlwind
Lvls 71-99 - Twincast

Also adds +580 HP and +435 MP to Cecil's final HP/MP total (-290 HP if Level Lust or Treasure Hunter was used)

Rydia
Lvls 71-99 - Limit Break
Lvls 71-99 - Inferno
Lvls 71-99 - HP+50%
Lvls 71-83 - Last Stand
Lvls 84-91 - Gil Farmer
Lvls 92-99 - Phoenix

Also adds +710 HP and +290 MP to Rydia/s final HP/MP total.

Edge
Lvls 71-99 - Curse
Lvls 71-99 - Tsunami
Lvls 71-99 - Whirlwind
Lvls 71-90 - Ninjutsu
Lvls 91-99 - Phoenix

Also adds +535 MP to Edge's final MP total.

Benefits of the above setup:

- Tries to maximize HP/MP gain where possible after reaching 99 for each stat.
- 2 Piercing Magic Augments are unused (Good for Rosa/Rydia).
- 2 Omnicasting Augments are unused (Good for Cecil/Rosa and Rydia to a lesser degree).
- 1 Tsunami is not needed, which makes it safe to give away in first playthrough (i.e. Tellah).

I used a spreadsheet I created to make this setup. If you want a copy, PM me and I'll email it to you.
---
PKMN White FC: 1635 5347 1082
#266MrBibblesw0rthPosted 8/31/2011 10:55:34 AMmessage detail
Its extremely easy to farm soma drops and apples, so I don't really see how adding mp/hp through items is a good tactic. You have to be sacrificing something that wont be later farm-able (like soma/apple are).
#267Blackest_KnightPosted 9/6/2011 2:09:28 AMmessage detail
Someone tell me I'm understanding my current augment path so far. I'm currently going with SBAllen's guide as a base, though I plan to give up Gil Farmer in this playthrough. Sort of a mish-mash of this topic's guide and the other.

I want Bardsong on Rosa and Twincast on Cecil/Rosa for my first playthrough. I'm currently up to Mount Ordeals and also have a save just before the Augment Issue becomes fairly relevant. I can get said augments on said characters if I give the Tsunami and Bluff to Tellah, yes? Only two characters need Tsunami for stats and Bluff loses usefulness the further you pass 50 INT. Can I make it work out?
---
It's rare and unexpected, but strangely beautiful, like a unicorn using his horn to gore a priest.
-tibyon
#268evillockePosted 5/29/2012 11:33:27 AMmessage detail
Lamias are the best apple ground. FOr somas the dark wizards are great.
---
If I was stuck with a wii or a ps3...... I would take the wii. People who agree: 14. PM me if you agree!
#269yangsoonPosted 6/15/2013 4:27:42 PMmessage detail
I recommend put reach argument for cecil first play through. why. he have draw back and counter. I see most people set up 3 strong melee char and rose.rydia on the rear. I rather put cecil on the rear, the rest doesn't matter since he took all the hit, and very useful for 2nd playthrough from the beginning
#270Chaosmaster00Posted 6/16/2013 4:23:29 AMmessage detail
Or put Reach on Edge, who can't take physical hits well even with endgame gear on, who has nothing better to use, while Cecil will likely be full-up on Draw Attacks, Counter, Limit Break, and Treasure Hunter. I never found room for Cecil to use Reach.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make. If you choose to manually change it, note that it must still conform to the maximum size limit.