I'm having trouble beating the octomammoth...

#1ike_1992Posted 12/29/2008 10:17:17 AM
I've just got a few questions:
1. What levels should I be at in this point in the game for Cecil, Tellah, and Rydia?
2. Should I continue to use darkness when it is down to one or two arms?
3. Are all the bosses this hard?
---
I'm lost in sea of confusion
#2obishawnPosted 12/29/2008 10:25:02 AM
1. What levels should I be at in this point in the game for Cecil, Tellah, and Rydia?

Cecil should be around level 15, Rydia at 11 or 12 and Tellah... I'm not sure. He will be at the average level if you have the other two in that targeted range. These suggested levels are to keep the fight challenging, yet not too hard.

2. Should I continue to use darkness when it is down to one or two arms?

I say no. because Octo is in Berserk status, which means he is striking harder and faster. If you use Darkness, it will eat away you HP. So, between darkness and Octo, you HP will fall quicker than you can keep it up.

3. Are all the bosses this hard?

Yes and no.

They are hard, but there is a strategy for each wich can make it really easy or at the least, tolerable.

For Octo, set Rydia and Tellah in the back row. Give Tellah the Ice Rod and have him use it as an item (if you need more info on this, just ask, I'm going to assume you already know). Give Rydia a Rod and have her use it as an item too.

Thunder is Octo's weakness, but the Rods can cast decent damaging spells that cost you zero MP. You can then use that MP to case Cure when needed.

I don't recommend using Darkness at all with Cecil. That is just HP that will have to be replenished, which is a waste of a turn for one of your mages. Just have Cecil attack as normal.
---

MetroidMetal.com - Rockin Samus' face off!
#3PureSkillz76Posted 12/29/2008 10:26:56 AM
Cecil should be around level 16/17
Tellah should be arouund level 15
Rydia should be around level 10. 11 would be better

When the battle begins, have Cecil use darkness, but do not renew it after u lose it. Have Tellah keep using thunder. Rydia should heal. If Cecil's health is getting low, skeip a turn of thunder with Tellah and have him use cura. If the octomammoth is weakening, try to use Tellah and Rydia to just mainly cure Cecil as it will be doing very high damage and have Cecil keep chugging off at his health.
#4pkdatboiPosted 12/29/2008 11:16:50 AM
I say no. because Octo is in Berserk status, which means he is striking harder and faster.

Actually he hits slower, but he does hit much harder.

After Tellah talks in the middle of the fight, have Rydia focus on healing.

This guy is one of the hardest on a low-level game... I once pulled off Thundaga on him...and I still lost. XD
#5PureSkillz76Posted 12/30/2008 9:57:31 PM
yeah, it took me around 10 times to beat this guy the first time around.
#6themooglekingPosted 12/31/2008 5:39:16 AM
Poison status, please. Tellah has it for a reason.

Don't forget to Blink Rydia as well.
---
This is a job for glass blowing dammit! This is a blow j -Red Mage, 8 Bit Theatre
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hypotheticals.png