Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!
7 years ago#1

I'd say I've fought the flan princess or whatever it's called over 200 times and still haven't received the pink tail or rainbow pudding. The first time I used 70 sirens, then I just used 10 and kept reloading if I didn't get the items.

I think I missed some uncovering of the maps so I do not have the Treasure Hunter augment. I have all my characters at level 99 and am on my first playthrough, but want to try and get these rare items before I clear it.

It just seems to be taking so long. And add to this the fact that some members say they got the items on the first go!!!

7 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939425&topic=47940334

It's all pretty much random. Just keep at it, but if you don't have TH, you might want to consider getting it. *SPOILERS*

What maps are you missing? The Tower of Zot, Tower of Babil and Giant of Babil and the only three areas that are missable.

*END Spoilers*
---
MetroidMetal.com: \m/ Epic. Simply Epic. \m/
7 years ago#3
I was lucky, somewhat. I got one pink tail using 11 sirens and without treasure hunter. I tried to get a second one, equipped treasure hunter, used up 99 sirens, said screw it, and beat the game. So you can do it, but if you're at lvl 99 the boss is a joke anyway. It's up to you if you want to waste more time or not.
---
currently playing: Final Fantasy VII International, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP
7 years ago#4

Kilroy84 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939425&topic=47940334

It's all pretty much random. Just keep at it, but if you don't have TH, you might want to consider getting it. *SPOILERS*

What maps are you missing? The Tower of Zot, Tower of Babil and Giant of Babil and the only three areas that are missable.

*END Spoilers*
---
MetroidMetal.com: m/ Epic. Simply Epic. m/

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Not sure which maps. Might just wait till my next play through to get it. Thanks anyway.

7 years ago#5
There has GOT to be an easier way to get Rainbow Pudding. X_x
---
-Aegis Runestone-
WARNING: Posts in this thread are lamer than they appear!
7 years ago#6
I got one after five Yellow Jelly battles WITHOUT Treasure Hunter :D.

---
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Xenon_Haven/index.php?act=idx
I need more users. Are you tired of trolls getting away on GameFAQs? Come here, where trolls can't.
7 years ago#7
I'm going to cleave you now with Ragnarok, Jenova. >;(
---
-Aegis Runestone-
WARNING: Posts in this thread are lamer than they appear!
7 years ago#8
Use a fully powered Onion sword instead. He's got Holy resistance. ^^
7 years ago#9
FYI while I was trying to get a Pink Tail I ended up with 8 Rainbow Puddings. Took a few days of concentrated play.
---
"Why do you think Ursula's so plump? She's obviously carrying Sora's seed." - Shadow Exodus
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived