Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!

User Info: 13hadokens

13hadokens
7 years ago#1

I'd say I've fought the flan princess or whatever it's called over 200 times and still haven't received the pink tail or rainbow pudding. The first time I used 70 sirens, then I just used 10 and kept reloading if I didn't get the items.

I think I missed some uncovering of the maps so I do not have the Treasure Hunter augment. I have all my characters at level 99 and am on my first playthrough, but want to try and get these rare items before I clear it.

It just seems to be taking so long. And add to this the fact that some members say they got the items on the first go!!!

User Info: Kilroy84

Kilroy84
7 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939425&topic=47940334

It's all pretty much random. Just keep at it, but if you don't have TH, you might want to consider getting it. *SPOILERS*

What maps are you missing? The Tower of Zot, Tower of Babil and Giant of Babil and the only three areas that are missable.

*END Spoilers*
MetroidMetal.com: \m/ Epic. Simply Epic. \m/

User Info: shenmuer2001

shenmuer2001
7 years ago#3
I was lucky, somewhat. I got one pink tail using 11 sirens and without treasure hunter. I tried to get a second one, equipped treasure hunter, used up 99 sirens, said screw it, and beat the game. So you can do it, but if you're at lvl 99 the boss is a joke anyway. It's up to you if you want to waste more time or not.
currently playing: Final Fantasy VII International, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

User Info: 13hadokens

13hadokens
7 years ago#4

Kilroy84 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939425&topic=47940334

It's all pretty much random. Just keep at it, but if you don't have TH, you might want to consider getting it. *SPOILERS*

What maps are you missing? The Tower of Zot, Tower of Babil and Giant of Babil and the only three areas that are missable.

*END Spoilers*
---
MetroidMetal.com: m/ Epic. Simply Epic. m/

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Not sure which maps. Might just wait till my next play through to get it. Thanks anyway.

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
7 years ago#5
There has GOT to be an easier way to get Rainbow Pudding. X_x
-Aegis Runestone-
WARNING: Posts in this thread are lamer than they appear!

User Info: JenovaFollower

JenovaFollower
7 years ago#6
I got one after five Yellow Jelly battles WITHOUT Treasure Hunter :D.
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Xenon_Haven/index.php?act=idx
I need more users. Are you tired of trolls getting away on GameFAQs? Come here, where trolls can't.

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
7 years ago#7
I'm going to cleave you now with Ragnarok, Jenova. >;(
-Aegis Runestone-
WARNING: Posts in this thread are lamer than they appear!

User Info: ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght
7 years ago#8
Use a fully powered Onion sword instead. He's got Holy resistance. ^^

User Info: Zatham

Zatham
7 years ago#9
FYI while I was trying to get a Pink Tail I ended up with 8 Rainbow Puddings. Took a few days of concentrated play.
"Why do you think Ursula's so plump? She's obviously carrying Sora's seed." - Shadow Exodus
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Pink Tail, Rainbow Pudding - I give up!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived