I knew Tellah...*SPOILERS*

#1Chaos-StrikerPosted 11/11/2012 10:37:59 AM
would die in this game.

Playing the adventure of FFIV for my first time ever and I knew this was coming. Not that it doesn't make it any less sad (although I will say the scene can't compare to you-know-who's in FFVII, and it is more on the level of FFV's Galuf).

Being given a Sage--already a master of both white and black magic--so early in the game? Has to Recall his more powerful spells at first? Gains full access to his spell arsenal with incredibly powerful elemental (Blizzaga, etc.) and white magic (Cura-JA?!)spells? Has exceptionally low MP? (this told me SE didn't want us to get used to his magic). And of course, I knew that physical stat decrease pattern couldn't go on forever.

Tellah had all the signs of a temporary or guest character. Am I the only one who had this foresight?

All that aside, I'll miss him in my party and am sad I won't be able to switch him in and out (if this game will ever let me do so -.- instead of constantly forced character change-ups like half of FFIX)
---
~A different breed of gamer
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 11/11/2012 11:22:23 AM
I did... they made it too obvious with his enraged and reckless demeanor, and learning Meteor just confirmed it when he didn't even have the MP to cast the damn spell (though NG+ allows for maximum lulz if you bring over a Soma Drop for him in a later playthrough, allowing him to actually use Meteor in combat).
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#3kratos9797Posted 11/12/2012 10:25:30 AM
Chaos-Striker posted...
All that aside, I'll miss him in my party and am sad I won't be able to switch him in and out (if this game will ever let me do so -.- instead of constantly forced character change-ups like half of FFIX)

Unfortunately this is the way FFIV is, has been, and always will be(with the exception of the GBA/PSP versions) unless they decide to remake it again in the future. The character changes in FFIV have never allowed you to decide on your own party until they made the GBA/PSP versions but even in those versions you can't do so until just before the final dungeon.
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#4evillockePosted 11/12/2012 2:35:42 PM
BAH! I cared more about Tellah and Galuf then that dumbf*** aeris.
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.
#5Chaos-Striker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:04:48 PM
kratos9797 posted...
Chaos-Striker posted...

Unfortunately this is the way FFIV is, has been, and always will be(with the exception of the GBA/PSP versions) unless they decide to remake it again in the future. The character changes in FFIV have never allowed you to decide on your own party until they made the GBA/PSP versions but even in those versions you can't do so until just before the final dungeon.

Now I understand why I obtain these Augments whenever a character is out of commission (just found and awakened Yang in the Sylph cave). Here I thought it was just to have access to their job specialty until they come back, but now I see it's just to replace them :(
---
~A different breed of gamer
#6Aegis_RunestonePosted 11/19/2012 8:35:57 AM
I never expected Tellah to die when I first played FF4.

Of course, I was a child and I was playing the SNES version of FF4, called FF2 then. :P
---
MPH DS Friend Code: 1979 6751 9174
"I hate these awkward moments..." - Ezio Auditore, taunting a guard.
#7Iustinian_IPosted 11/20/2012 3:08:03 PM
I read the SNES Manual through, so I knew. However, there was so much carnage in that screenshot that I thought everyone was going to die.