Favorite character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Favorite character

User Info: WhPlague

WhPlague
3 years ago#1
Who's your favorite character? - Results (70 votes)
Cecil
18.57% (13 votes)
Kain
20% (14 votes)
Rosa
1.43% (1 votes)
Rydia
32.86% (23 votes)
Edge
10% (7 votes)
Cid
2.86% (2 votes)
Yang
2.86% (2 votes)
Palom & Porom
7.14% (5 votes)
Tellah
4.29% (3 votes)
Fusoya
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Sorry Edward/Gilbert, no spot left for you

Me: Cid all the way! I wish he had more gameplay time.

User Info: Shoenin

Shoenin
3 years ago#2
Poor Spoony Bard :(

Anyways, M'lady Rydia. Over a decade and still going strong.
Oh SuperNiceDog's doing it again dude.
SuperNiceDog, you ain't no pimp dude

User Info: Starloving_Fool

Starloving_Fool
3 years ago#3
I hate to follow the crowd, but I must agree that Rydia is my favorite character of all time. Been that way since I first played the game back in the early 90s, lol

"Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: Chaosmaster00

Chaosmaster00
3 years ago#4
"Leave me alone! I HAAATE YOOOU!!!"

So much feeling put into the voice acting from her character... Edge's sentiment on rage not being a weakness was great, but there is no stronger emotion than pure hatred, and that is why Rydia wins.
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
3 years ago#5
Cecil. Always Cecil.
MPH DS Friend Code: 1979 6751 9174
Huge Final Fantasy IV fan! Played all versions of FF4 (except PSP) since 1992. Fav charas: Cecil, Kain, and Rydia.

Starloving_Fool
3 years ago#6
Chaosmaster00 posted...
"Leave me alone! I HAAATE YOOOU!!!"

So much feeling put into the voice acting from her character... Edge's sentiment on rage not being a weakness was great, but there is no stronger emotion than pure hatred, and that is why Rydia wins.

"You think our rage a weakness?! Then let me show you... HOW WRONG YOU ARE...!"

Not a bad a line, but oddly enough, I used to like his old, first-translated line better.

"How brave... but you'll never gain real power... blah blah blah..." - Rubicant[e]

"I'll SHOW YOU THE POWER... OF ANGER!"
*rage has drawn out Edge's hidden powers*
*Edge has acquired Flood and Blitz!*

"I see... but my cloak of flame cannot, blah blah blah"

I don't know... I guess being a preteen, that was pretty awesome in its time for me... lol

"Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin

User Info: Chaosmaster00

Chaosmaster00
3 years ago#7
"Not even the frozen winds of Hell's Ninth Circle could penetrate this cloak of flame I wear." is the line I think you're looking for.
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''

Starloving_Fool
3 years ago#8
Chaosmaster00 posted...
"Not even the frozen winds of Hell's Ninth Circle could penetrate this cloak of flame I wear." is the line I think you're looking for.

No, that's the line from the DS version; I was quoting the old SNES version... the "badly trans-mangled" version. xD

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#9
Read my sig and ask me again. My vote goes to Edge. He's one of my favorite video game characters ever.
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
3 years ago#10
BTW: Cecil is my favorite because, in personality (not looks) I think he's the manliest, and best example of a character in a video game. He repents, he has true honor, he forgives (in the end), he cares, and he has courage.

Those are true manly qualities IMO. That's why I think he's so awesome.
MPH DS Friend Code: 1979 6751 9174
Huge Final Fantasy IV fan! Played all versions of FF4 (except PSP) since 1992. Fav charas: Cecil, Kain, and Rydia.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. Favorite character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived