ITT: The Days Fortuna Smiled Upon Us *potential game spoilers*

#1Chaosmaster00Posted 1/27/2013 7:15:46 PM
Basically, a topic for us to list the times of our more memorable lucky streaks. Figured since I started one elsewhere, this game could use one, with it's exceptionally low rare droprate.

I'll go first, I guess:

(Long ago)

- I got 2 Pink Tails and a Rainbow Pudding within 5 minutes of playing
- I got 2 Green Tails back-to-back
- I got a Rune Axe to drop from the Armor Construct ambush battle from the Black Garb chest (random, not farmed, btw)
- Stole a Crystal Ring from the same Red Dragon that dropped me a Red Tail

(Recent)

- Got Stoneblade from first Black Lizard; in the same line of events, I ended up getting 3 Stoneblades from Black Lizards without farming them from my first visit through the Tower of Babil
- Got Rainbow Pudding from first Yellow Jelly I defeated when I attempted to farm it
- Got Rainbow Pudding from first Princess Flan battle; in same line of events, I got a Pink Tail 8 Sirens later, not 5 minutes after the Rainbow Pudding dropped.

That's about all I can think of, since I've been playing for a while...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#2Starloving_FoolPosted 1/27/2013 9:49:37 PM
When I first played the game shortly after it came out, I actually got a Stoneblade with very little fuss. Since then, Fate has NOT smiled upon me with regard to ANY drops. xD

It's always taken me a long amount of time to get any of the item or weapon drops I seek. I wish I had the same sort of luck as others but... alas...

---
"Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... me fail English? That's unpossible!"
#3BenzoniaPosted 1/28/2013 5:50:57 AM
Nice. I got a Rainbow Pudding on my first trip to Mist on my first playthrough. I didn't even know what it was, I just saved it thinking it might be useful later.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 1/28/2013 12:58:43 PM
After getting five Pink Tails (the fifth Pink Tail was from my last Siren) and turning them in for Adamant Armor within an hour, then I got two Onion Shields from the Underworld.

I went back into the final dungeon to waste the final boss.
On the way to the final boss I got a Black Tail...
I turned that in for Onion Armor and went back down...
On my way to the final boss I got another Black Tail...
I turned that in for Onion Armor and went back down...
On my way to the final boss I got a Red Tail...
I turned that in for an Onion Sword and went back down...
I decided to try to get another Onion Sword.
I got one within like, half an hour.
Went back down.
Wasted the final boss in record time.

Beat that.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#5Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:49:52 PM
Another one I just realized after looking back... I remembered getting a Giant's Glove drop in the lodestone cavern. Twice, to be exact. I looked through my bestiary today to find out that, from Ogres in the LC, the droprate is equivalent to that of getting a TAIL... and here I am, thinking "oh, these are nice, but only Cid and Yang will get decent use of it since only their physicals will matter in here"... pah.
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#6crazy4rpgPosted 1/29/2013 7:33:29 PM
The Random Number Gods don't like me. Probably because I keep using Gamesharks and Action Replays to kick them in the nads. Seriously screw those guys!
---
If life is a game, how do I enable God Mode?
#7Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:51:53 PM
Looks like my luck turned south this instance of lucky misfortune... Took me over 400 battles with Treasure Hunter on to get the Mindflayer summon... which according to my calculations, had only a 4% chance of occurring (4% chance of NOT getting the summon after 400 battles)... low odds of bad luck and I get it? *facepalm*
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#8FallenStar2565Posted 2/7/2013 7:10:51 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Looks like my luck turned south this instance of lucky misfortune... Took me over 400 battles with Treasure Hunter on to get the Mindflayer summon... which according to my calculations, had only a 4% chance of occurring (4% chance of NOT getting the summon after 400 battles)... low odds of bad luck and I get it? *facepalm*

Hah... It seems that I've gotten your good luck, this time; I just got a Cockatrice summon drop whilst simply walking across Mt. Hobbs on my way to pick up a great martial artist. xD

That has got to be the first time that ever happened to me in more than 20 years of playing FFIV - getting a rare summon without having to fight hours and hours and hours and... hours... for it.

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
#9Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:19:13 PM
Can I haz my good luck back, pl0x?

This happened to me before while playing the Denpa Men... I gave my luck to someone else, and they got what they were trying to get; then, they "gave me my luck back," and immediately following, I got what I was trying to get... spooky stuff thar.
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#10FallenStar2565Posted 2/8/2013 3:13:38 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Can I haz my good luck back, pl0x?

This happened to me before while playing the Denpa Men... I gave my luck to someone else, and they got what they were trying to get; then, they "gave me my luck back," and immediately following, I got what I was trying to get... spooky stuff thar.

Sorry, I still need it to get the Stoneblade later on. When I get it, then you can have it back. xP

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"