Gil Farmer and Cid?!? *spoilers*

#1Yoshi_ScaperPosted 2/1/2013 9:20:46 PM
Before Cid leaves the party, what is the easiest way to get Gil for Gil Farmer? 100k is a lot to grind......and I'm following the Augment Guide.
---
---
All 3DS game name: Kylan. PM for 3DS FC.
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 2/1/2013 10:30:35 PM(edited)
You get 55000 from chests in Troia Castle after beating the Dark Elf. Beyond that, either sell your junk gear, and/or prepare for a long grind...

Edit: Alternatively, it might not be AS long, if you fly back to the Antlion Cave and grind of the second room's Yellow Jellies and pray you get a Rainbow Pudding drop, then sell the Pudding for the 100000 gil you need.
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#3Yoshi_Scaper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:43:03 PM
With the 55k from castles it doesn't seem that bad, and if I'm lucky for a pudding drop I'm keeping it for the sidequest.
---
---
All 3DS game name: Kylan. PM for 3DS FC.
#4FallenStar2565Posted 2/2/2013 11:11:57 PM
There used to be a method to get the required money without doing any sort of grinding... Doesn't Action have it or something?

It involved the money from Troia's dungeon, a few bosses - as far up to the ones in the next area after the Magnetic Cave - and money from, I think, Eblan (weapons sold, perhaps?). At any rate, it was an easy method to get the money needed without needing to grind - and good lord help you if you go after Rainbow Pudding without Treasure Hunter. =P

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
#5MutantJohnPosted 2/3/2013 8:02:56 AM
I was turned off by how little Gil the enemies in this game dropped.
---
"Is this city just a broth of thieves gone sour like milk rotting between your teeth?" - Why?
#6Chaosmaster00Posted 2/3/2013 12:41:15 PM
Oh yeah, the Sleep Blade in Eblan sells for a decent amount, and selling the stuff you can find in Mythril can fetch a pretty gil. I'm sure selling off the rest of the less useful gear in your stock after the Tower of Zot will get you the rest of that.
---
Voted as ''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
#7FallenStar2565Posted 2/3/2013 1:11:31 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Oh yeah, the Sleep Blade in Eblan sells for a decent amount, and selling the stuff you can find in Mythril can fetch a pretty gil. I'm sure selling off the rest of the less useful gear in your stock after the Tower of Zot will get you the rest of that.

Not to mention the Gil you get from winning the boss battles there as well. =P

I don't know about others, though; I'd go after the Stoneblade, myself, just for its usefulness and doing that would probably earn you a few pennies just from the random encounters and the odd Mythril Shield drop.

I find the Stoneblade far more useful than any other sword (sans late game where the enemies are resistant or immune to the Break effect) and it works with my strategy of putting Cecil into the back row with Counter and Draw Attacks (even though I give him Reach anyway).

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 2/3/2013 1:25:53 PM
Oh yeah, Stoneblade is awesome if you can get one to drop early enough. Counter: Stoneblade is amazing... but the droprate can be offputting (5% from an enemy rarely, if ever, encountered alone, meaning an dven LOWER droprate because the game will have to choose between foes' drops). Once you get Stoneblade, you'll probably use it until you get Defender or Avenger, or a Poison Axe.
---
#9FallenStar2565Posted 2/3/2013 2:17:42 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Oh yeah, Stoneblade is awesome if you can get one to drop early enough. Counter: Stoneblade is amazing... but the droprate can be offputting (5% from an enemy rarely, if ever, encountered alone, meaning an dven LOWER droprate because the game will have to choose between foes' drops). Once you get Stoneblade, you'll probably use it until you get Defender or Avenger, or a Poison Axe.

I wouldn't use Avenger save for boss battles that are timed - like Demon's Gate (or whatever it's called), Plague (or Plague Horror, whatever it's called) and maybe Odin... and only those because time is a factor - the constant Berserk status removes Cecil or Kain from your control and makes them unable to throw potions or the like in the event that you need them to.

Defender is good - probably for Cecil to increase his defense, but the accuracy is crap next to his Holy-based weapons, so he'll be whiffing a lot.

I can't speak to the Poison Axe since I've never used it, but isn't it a two-handed weapon, meaning you couldn't use a Shield? That might not matter so much to Kain, but for Cecil (if you use the Counter/Draw Attacks and putting him in the rear row strategy), you might want the extra defense from a Cecil.

Again, though, it's accuracy is less than the Holy weapons, but at that point, the Stoneblade won't work either, so it's probably better.

---
#10Chaosmaster00Posted 2/3/2013 3:20:21 PM
Avenger is great for grinding. Since most of the time, when Auto-battling, foes will hit you first before your Auto-Attack command is set, the Berserk helps stop the clock and get them set on the ATB before the foes can attack you.

Defender is pretty much if you decide to have Cecil set to Draw Attacks, and as far as I know, Counters never miss, so you can take advantage of that with a Counter: Kick or Counter: ????'s Love, or just a basic Counter: Attack if you want. Of course you'll be whiffing if you aren't using it for defense. :P

Poison Axe, like all Axes, are NOT 2Hand weapons, and haven't been as far as I know... they lack accuracy, especially the Rune Axe, however, Poison Axe makes up somewhat for its upped damage on Giants, which makes for easy grinding on Iron Golems and such in the Cave of Eblan for easy gil.
---