So I missed darkness...

#1Nintendocore64Posted 2/10/2013 8:27:16 PM
Is this a really good augment that I just missed out on? Ah I forgot to steal it from Odin:(
---
Black 2 FC: - 2194 5853 6207
Name: Lefty
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 2/10/2013 9:03:55 PM
Doubles your Attack and adds Dark element to your damage (which I believe only positively alters damage; I've yet to see a foe take near as much as a regular attack with Darkness active than without)... it's a pretty rad-awesome move, especially in a first playthrough or NG+. Darkness + Berserk = LUDICROUS DAMAGE... but you lose HP for each hit.

Note that the Darkness augment is the SAME EXACT ABILITY DARK KNIGHT CECIL HAD... that is what you missed.
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.
#3crazy4rpgPosted 2/10/2013 10:40:28 PM
I seem to recall using Darkness accidentally on Defense Node and it didn't absorb it. Are we sure it adds the Darkness Element to physicals?
---
If life is a game, how do I enable God Mode?
#4FallenStar2565Posted 2/11/2013 3:14:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Mikey_RPosted 2/11/2013 11:30:37 AM
All of DK Cecil's swords have Dark elemental on them.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#6crazy4rpgPosted 2/11/2013 12:55:21 PM
FallenStar2565 posted...
I believe it does because if you use it on Octomammoth or the Mist Dragon, the word "Weakness" will pop up, indicating you've hit a weakness on them - both are supposed to be susceptible to Darkness based attacks.

I believe (but won't swear to it) that if you just use a regular attack on Mist Dragon, that "weakness" won't show up.

That being said, the Darkness element might be such a rare element that the Defense Node might not absorb it because there isn't an Eidolon that Rydia can use for it - which I think is the main purpose of the Defense Node absorbing elements - so you can still use summons without fear of Globe199 or whatever it might be called in this version.

I just used Darkness on a Mystery Egg (I'm looking at the pause screen right now) the only other enemy according to Action's Bestiary to absorb the Dark Element.

I attacked with Edge using Darkness, his swords are of course non-elemental. The attack did 6242 damage and the Egg did not absorb it.

So no apparently Darkness does not actually add the Dark Element to your attacks. That's kind of good to know. Although only two enemies absorb Dark, quite a few resist it. But they won't resist Darkness because it's not Dark.
---
If life is a game, how do I enable God Mode?
#7FallenStar2565Posted 2/11/2013 1:24:54 PM
My apologies. My memories have failed me again. Curses! xP

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 2/11/2013 2:06:47 PM
Welp, my bad then. It just doubles your damage and makes you take 10% of your max HP in damage when you Attack for several turns.
---
''Sage'' of The Denpa Men board (Completionist Medal of Honor: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Don't bother sending me Swapnotes.