Missed Best Ninja Sword License

#1LordVetinPosted 6/29/2010 9:20:50 AM
I stupidly didn't see the 4th mist knack at the bottom of the Shikari grid so can no linger get Yagyu Darkblade + Orichi N. Are these actually the best end game weapons for a Shikari or will i not miss them much?

(If it's a major failure does anyone know a way of resetting a grid using codebreaker or such)
#2PhaildPosted 6/29/2010 9:56:54 AM
Ninja swords in general are pretty bad weapons. I'd rather use guns or daggers.
---
Final Fantasy XII High Definition: www.ffxiihd.webs.com
Updated: 31/07/09
#3TetheallaPosted 6/29/2010 10:12:43 AM
Yeah don't worry about the loss of those two swords. Just give your Shikari a gun.
---
SoulSilver FC- 3610-3252-4970
#4nathany33Posted 6/29/2010 10:29:46 AM
Ninja swords in general are pretty bad weapons. I'd rather use guns or daggers.

orochi N: ct22 cb32 at102
hunter blade F: ct21 cb15 at104

granted, the differences aren't huge, but your statement is entirely bogus; ninja swords offer similar damage levels to daggers with higher combo rates and options for different elemental exploitation. the orochi N would be decisively superior if hunters could use genji gloves, but you can't have everything...

@OP: Just live with it. There's nothing you absolutely need the ninja swords for; every fight in this game has quite a bit of easy margin built in.
#5PhaildPosted 6/29/2010 10:32:56 AM
but your statement is entirely bogus

No, it's not. In general, they are pretty bad weapons. They have innate Dark element which severely limits their usefulness. I rather use guns because of def piercing, various ammo and daggers for tanking, if needed.
---
#6nathany33Posted 6/29/2010 10:44:26 AM

They have innate Dark element which severely limits their usefulness. I rather use guns because of def piercing, various ammo and daggers for tanking, if needed.

The only ninja sword with dark element is the yagyu; koga is earth, iga is water, and the rest are nonelemental. This means the strongest one is nonelemental, and can be used anywhere, and the rest give 3 other elements, more than the one elemental possibility of daggers, which I said in my previous post, had you bothered to read it.

As far as tanking goes, yes, if the boss doesn't null eva or the elemental affinities of shields are useful, then of course you use a dagger (main gauche probably), but the hunter is capable of much more than just tanking.
#7PhaildPosted 6/29/2010 10:49:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8PhaildPosted 6/29/2010 10:49:34 AM
Never bothered to use ninja swords in IZJS, so I didn't even know they changed the innate dark ability.

In any case, I prefer using guns and daggers for reasons stated above.
---
#9LordVetin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:31:27 AM
Thank for comments all, i don't feel quite as annoyed with myself now :)