English patch???

#1TCrinaleTPosted 2/20/2012 8:50:30 AM
So I've heard someone released a patch (FFXGRIEVER or something like that) and you can play this game now in English omg! But I was wondering... is it only possible to play it in the computer with an emulator? Can't I burn the files into a DVD with Nero and play it in my modded PS2? Please some help regarding this issue would be higly appreciated...I'm a big fat noob when it comes to incompatibilities ><, and I'm dying to play this game in English! It's my FAVOURITE GAME OF ALL TIMES :(((...but can't do it with my computer because it is a "mediocre" laptop and my friend said that it's not good enough to run smoothly PCSX2 >.<.
#2ZekuMusashiPosted 2/20/2012 9:35:31 AM
Can't I burn the files into a DVD with Nero and play it in my modded PS2?

Of course you can.

BTW,

FF12 International: Zodiac Job System English Conversion
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/ff12-international-zodiac-job-system-english-conversion-62222/
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~
#3puzzlPosted 2/20/2012 3:02:33 PM
You can play it however you want, but you need both the original English version (non-IZJS) and a copy of the Japanese IZJS version as well. The patch combines the data from English XII and Japanese XII IZJS to create the new file, which can be burned to your liking.
#4TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2012 12:29:53 PM
omg I've done it *_*, love this ffgriever so bad! Playing this game back again but in English. I used to play it in Japanese but the possibilities were very limited because I didn't know what I was doing half of the time, but now finally, I know what I cast, I know what I'm buying, I know what I'm upgrading. Love this! FFgriever thank you!!!
#5GalvanizationPosted 3/3/2012 10:58:24 AM
TCrinaleT posted...
omg I've done it *_*, love this ffgriever so bad! Playing this game back again but in English. I used to play it in Japanese but the possibilities were very limited because I didn't know what I was doing half of the time, but now finally, I know what I cast, I know what I'm buying, I know what I'm upgrading. Love this! FFgriever thank you!!!

The guy did a great job. :-)
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#6Rubius02Posted 3/3/2012 3:58:21 PM
Is the patch COMPLETELY translated? Or is only most of it translated?
---
Baby Boomers, Hippies, MTV, political blogs, and fanboys are the source of all of the worlds ills.
#7TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 4:14:10 PM
Completely.
#8Vir27Posted 3/3/2012 5:16:13 PM
It's completely English. A few bits aren't accurate anymore, like where they describe the License Board as the same for everybody.
#9Rubius02Posted 3/3/2012 9:20:39 PM
Thanks for the quick replys. So I take it that the story and stuff from vanilla FFXII was cut and pasted and the new stuff was translated. Sounds like a good deal to me.
---
Baby Boomers, Hippies, MTV, political blogs, and fanboys are the source of all of the worlds ills.
#10MelodiaPosted 3/3/2012 11:47:41 PM
Not....quite.

The patch actually pulls the text from the English version, rather than any sort of actually porting of it, as it were. That's why you need a copy of both games to make it work.
---
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.