Good classes for each character?

#1arch9443Posted 2/27/2012 10:34:37 AM
I've read through a lot of the topics on classes, but still not sure of what to do. Everyone seems to ignore archers, but I thought they might be really good late game because of the how powerful the best bow is. I know you can use it without being an archer, but I would think that archers would shine with it.

Are white mages really necessary? It seems like a Knight works almost as well as long as you give them the summon that allows for esunaga, and all of those.

I want my main team to consist of Ashe, Fran, and Balthier.

Ashe - Knight
Fran - Archer
Balthier - Uhlan

Vaan - Monk
Penelo - Black Mage
Basch - Hunter

Maybe something like this? I would like having a samurai, and I know ashe is good for that. but I also wanted a bulky character with a sword and shield, because I always liked having them in my party in the original.

Ashe - Samurai
Fran - White Mage
Balthier - Uhlan

Vaan - Monk
Penelo - Black Mage
Basch - Archer/Hunter

Any ideas?
#2SchlossRitterPosted 2/27/2012 11:47:43 AM(edited)
In b4 zeku post. Sorry, I had to.

Anyway, Ashe (or Vaan) does make the best Knight, since they have both the Str and Mag to make use of all the class abilities. Just keep in mind that Knight is most useful for tanking defense, and that other classes do have more DPS potential.
---
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.
#3ZekuMusashiPosted 2/27/2012 1:15:38 PM
In b4 zeku post.

I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!

Are white mages really necessary? It seems like a Knight works almost as well

A Knight is hardly a solid replacement for a White Mage, actually. Lack of Mystic Armor (and a bunch of Magic Lores in comparison)
as well as mage licenses such as Serenity and Channelings make their healing weaker and their MP reservoir depleted much faster.
They don't have any real AoE healing until Curaja, making it nearly a necessity to pair them up with someone who does - yay Red Mage.
Though IMO, if you're pairing up a Red Mage with a healer / fighter hybrid, might as well go for Monk for better White Magic coverage
and just overall more versatility, what with e.g. physical Breaks (also Steal on best-Monk Vaan) and being able to hit flyers.

I think this party

Ashe - Samurai
Fran - White Mage
Balthier - Uhlan

Vaan - Monk
Penelo - Black Mage
Basch - Archer/Hunter

would work very well, if you switched from Black to Red Mage (see above).
If you want both Samurai and Knight, how about making Basch a Knight (and Balthier a Hunter perhaps)
and using him mostly for offense, with some buffing / emergency healing duties?
---
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
~~~~~~~~ www.cardmasterconflict.com ~~~~~~~~