So about Gendarme...

#1TCrinaleTPosted 2/27/2012 10:52:01 AM
Is it license free? I mean, can anybody equip one regardless of the role?
#2SchlossRitterPosted 2/27/2012 11:52:18 AM(edited)
All three "hidden" ultimate equips don't require any license, just like Wyrmhero Blade and the storyline equips.

Which reminds me: I actually stuck the Wyrmhero Blade on my Black Mage just for fun (nothing useful left to use it on). The permanent Faith made their spells even more efficient, while the Attack Power made for a great Telekinesis against foes with Reflect.
---
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.
#3TirpitzLuminarePosted 2/27/2012 5:39:26 PM
Cudgel is also license free.
---
Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System Maps-
http://www.fftogether.com/forum/index.php?topic=2764.0
#4TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 2:36:38 PM
lol just got 3 of them with that trick someone did in youtube. It looked so fake but...I tried and...ROFL... it worked!
#5TirpitzLuminarePosted 2/29/2012 12:34:05 PM
If the YouTube Video is referring the RNG method it is very real. There are I think two definitive methods, one being the 5 hit method (Outdated IMO) and the Cure-List method. The Cure List you can predict anything from chest spawns/contents to what you can steal from foes. Some people think this is just a glorified cheat, but I look at it differently. I feel that if a player wants something from a chest they will spend however long it takes to get it. Some of which can take forever. I look at it as a time saver, nothing more, allowing you to focus on other things in the game other than wasting countless hours farming an item.

In regards to Gendarme, Trango Tower, and Seinteigrat. IMO they are game breaking. Once you acquire them the game is all of the sudden trivial. The shield will protect you from everything just about. There are only a few fights were the enemies you fight can penetrate its defenses with any regularity, so be aware of this. If you want to have a challenge don't use any of these three items. Again, this is just my two cents. I was pretty stoked the first time I got these items as well, however I quickly realized how over powered they actually are.

The only new "Epic" weapon that isn't grossly overpowered is the Cudgel, it's power lies in its ability to cripple enemy's with Disease and Poison, great for low level games.

If you want to learn more about the RNG method there are many posts on this topic, a quick search can yield detailed info on it, as well as a place to download the Cure-List.

Just Google "Cure-List RNG-Method"

Hope this Helps,
Tirpitz
---
#6MelodiaPosted 2/29/2012 11:46:35 PM
Some people think this is just a glorified cheat, but I look at it differently. I feel that if a player wants something from a chest they will spend however long it takes to get it. Some of which can take forever. I look at it as a time saver, nothing more, allowing you to focus on other things in the game other than wasting countless hours farming an item.

It's still cheating just as using a Gameshark would be. How is it any different to cheat the RNG than to just hack in the item?

(That is NOT to cast any judgement on those who do it. But to say 'it's not cheating it's just saving time' is kidding yourself)
---
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
#7TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2012 2:31:36 AM
Melodia posted...
Some people think this is just a glorified cheat, but I look at it differently. I feel that if a player wants something from a chest they will spend however long it takes to get it. Some of which can take forever. I look at it as a time saver, nothing more, allowing you to focus on other things in the game other than wasting countless hours farming an item.

It's still cheating just as using a Gameshark would be. How is it any different to cheat the RNG than to just hack in the item?

(That is NOT to cast any judgement on those who do it. But to say 'it's not cheating it's just saving time' is kidding yourself)

Yeah, it's cheating, but it's not so bad meh. I really appreciate these methods... I mean, by the time you can kill esper Ultima (gendarme) and get to Pharos subterra abyssal (trango tower), you can probably kill the last boss single handedly.

On the other hand, getting the seitengrate bow after barheim passage is a cheat yes. That completely breaks the game (haven't done that though, I enjoy this game too much to destroy my own fun like that).

The possibility of getting 3 gendarmes and 3 trango towers just opens a whole lot of possibilities :P (because they are license free *_*). Some defensive classes are very limited because you know they have defensive spells but they lack strength... I think this methods make defensive classes like the white mage overpowered :P.

Just imagine 3 white mages (who have very strong defensive spells) with their gendarmes and trango towers :). Haven't tried that but I think I will. 3 Renews + 3 arise + 3 shellga + 3 protectga + 3 bravery. And the 3 of them hitting quite hard. Looks like an impenetrable wall.
#8TirpitzLuminarePosted 3/1/2012 10:19:21 AM

Not kidding myself, just a difference in opinion.

The term "Cheat" is so broad hat what one person considers a cheat, another will not. Take my maps for example. There are people who would consider them a cheat. Using the RNG to predict what will be in a chest to some is a cheat, to others it is not. To me a cheat is using something like a save file editor to have 99 of everything, or the like.

FFXII Is set up very much like a MMO. After playing EverQuest for years I got weary of dropping 20 hours on trying to collect a single item. The way the chests work in this game its pretty much the same thing. When you break down the actual percentages of getting a rare item from a chest in lets say Cerobi Steppe there is only one way to describe it. A time sink. Which brings me back to what I said earlier. If a player really wants an item they will spend however long it takes to get it. I feel that time is utterly wasted in zoning back and forth praying a chests has actually spawned, then biting my tongue when I get a Knot of Rust.

So I reiterate, it is a time saver. Again IMO.

Tirpitz
---
#9Ryan86Posted 3/1/2012 11:06:32 AM
I second Tirpitz.

I can understand why some people consider the Cure RNG List or something a kind of cheat, but I disagree. Like he mentioned, a long time is spent simply zoning back and forth... it's nothing but a waste of time, literally. So, in my opinion, using the RNG will be exactly that, a way to save some time. A lot of time, in some cases.

Then again, games are meant to be a source of entertainment. One do what one wants to do in order to have fun. So... To each his own.
#10MelodiaPosted 3/1/2012 9:40:30 PM
My point is, using a Gameshark (or whatever) and just giving it to yourself has the same time saving effect, yet people will always consider THAT cheating.

In a way, one could say that because the devs intended the items to be so rare, the tedium in getting them is a part of the game. Yes it's tedious, but it's DESIGNED to be.
---
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.